August 2015 Moms
Options

stitches of pain in different places

Hi ladies,

Last night when I was sleeping I woke up because I had pain in my abdomen that was occurring in different places... high, low, left, right.. all over my abdomen. The best way to describe it was that it felt like the pain when you get a stitch in your side from running but it only lasted for 1-2 seconds in one location then I'd get the pain again in another spot. I have had BH for a long time now that are just tightening with no pain.. this was not like that. It also didn't seem to fit anyone's description of contractions... can't find anything similar really in searching online.

Any ideas what might be going on?? If it keeps happening I'll definitely bring it up to my doc.

Re: stitches of pain in different places

• Options
    I almost skipped this post because of the word stitches.. One of my biggest anxieties about delivery!! Lol! Anywho, I know I can get "stitches" along my ribs that last 2-5seconds but the doc says it's just ligaments relaxing. A midwife also mentioned it could be the baby kicking tender areas really hard. Mine never last or jump around tho. Did they subside from last night? If they continue or come back, def worth a call to docs just in case.
  • Options
    I get them in my lower abdomen and pelvis.  My doctor said it was probably just round ligament pain.  Usually it's just a once and done type thing for me though.  I would bring it up to your doctor just to be safe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    gmd88gmd88 member
    @Kwest1007 yes they stopped.. they lasted for about an hour and a half then calmed down. One time when I reached for something I got a really bad one where I was afraid to move because of the pain.. but otherwise they were uncomfortable but tolerable and not due to me moving. @Crystal321 I think I will bring it up... I found it odd that besides the time I reached for something they were just happening on their own... can ligaments just tense up randomly?!
  • Options
    I had what was similar in description and my midwife explained that the uterus is like a nanny that keeps baby from stretching too far out of it. She said if baby kicks or moves too agressively, the uterus will contract in just that spot to keep baby within bounds. I would still ask at your next appointment but that's what it sounds like to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker