Parenting after 35

Baby weight-loss check-in 7/26

1. How many weeks postpartum?
3 months

2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)?
3 lbs left to go

3. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight?
I want to be a size 10, my triathlon race size. Don't care as much what the scale says. But ballpark would be about 40 lbs to lose.

4. What is your overall plan?
gradually increase gym time and eat healthy, fresh, unprocessed foods.

5. How did last week go?
Last week was terrible because we have family visiting until tuesday. Despite this, I still managed to lose 3lbs. Not sure how.

6. What is your plan for the upcoming week?
I'm gonna make it simple: 3 workouts and eat healthy snacks. That's it.

QOTW - How in the h*ll do you find time to exercise and/or prepare healthy foods?
DH and I are dealing with kids and work from 530am - 8pm. The best I can do is to hit the gym over lunch, but that's only if I don't have a meeting or have clinic run late or something.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: Baby weight-loss check-in 7/26

• 1. How many weeks postpartum?
    3 weeks tomorrow

2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)?
    2 pounds

27 pounds or more 

More movement, less eating :)

5. How did last week go?
    Okay.  Am having a lot of joint pain, especially in my wrists and shoulders.  Makes moving around not so comfy.

More walks.  Trying to stay busy so I don't snack,

QOTW - How in the h*ll do you find time to exercise and/or prepare healthy foods?
    It's tough, mostly because I am so tired. We get take out about twice a week and, while it's not always the healthiest option, I rarely get to finish because Chloe always seems to need something while I'm eating
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    7 weeks today
    I weighed myself at the gym yesterday, and plan to do so once a week.  I have 7 more to lose to get to pre-preggo weight.
    Once I lose the baby weight, 10 additional ponds
    Eat less crap (haha - easier said than done!), gym 2-3 times a week, and daily stroller walks
    5. How did last week go?
    Not awful.  I am tracking my food on MyFitnessPal, and I averaged too many calories last week, but it was better than the week before.  I also made it to the gym three times last week, which felt really good.
    Same thing - just have to keep at it!
    DH and I were just talking about this last night.  Right now we alternate gym days - once he gets home from work, one of us goes to the gym while the other takes care of LO and attempts to prepare dinner (which at this point is still usually something frozen that goes in the oven without any prep work.)  It sucks, because we usually don't eat until 8PM, but it's what we can do right now.  And it will all have to be re-evaluated once I go back to work.  Yikes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
    3 months

7 lbs.

7 lbs. on the scale, but I'm still not even close to fitting in my old shorts, so it's becoming clear that my shape is all different now (wider in the hips and belly), so I'm not sure what will happen once I get to my pre-pregnancy weight.  

Exercise 4-5 days a week, walk with kids 3 days, and focus on eating right (more salad, less sugar, no desserts)

5. How did last week go?
    Well, I felt like I was in a rut and totally unmotivated, but in reality I did get 4 days of exercising in, and did walk with kids 3 days, so I hit my target there.  Eating went okay, but I'm starting to feel deprived of my sweets and chocolates, and feeling a bit more hungry during the day and snacking a bit too much.  So far this week, I'm off to a slow start. 

6. What is your plan for the upcoming week?  Ugh...feeling so tired and unmotivated.  Taking a few days off of the DVD to catch up on things (like sleep!)

For the first few weeks of my exercise program I squeezed in a 30 minute DVD during the younger kids afternoon nap and the 3.5 yo was kept happy with the electronics.  However, this is when I usually prep dinner, and that meant that it was deferred to the hour before dinner, when all the kids are up and needing attention and usually wanting to go outside.  So that wasn't sustainable.  Having the time in the afternoon to prep dinner helps with keeping the eating on track. I switched the exercising to after dinner and after the kids were in bed - like 8:30/9:00 - but by the time I'm showered and have cleaned up the kitchen, I have to think about feeding the baby and going to bed. So I kept this up for several weeks and I'm now feeling a bit burnt out from this, because sometimes I just need to relax, like read, watch TV, or just hang out with DH in the evening instead of exercising.  I know once I start getting a full nights sleep, this will become easier, and maybe I can even get the exercising done in the morning when I prefer to do it.     

DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15