2nd Trimester
Options

I'm so use to sleeping in my stomach

I can't sleep unless I start on my stomach I have a tone of pillows on my bed am I harming my baby ?

Re: I'm so use to sleeping in my stomach

• Options
    No, you can sleep on your stomach as long as it's comfortable. Eventually it will feel uncomfortable to sleep that way so you will be forced to sleep on your side anyway.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely not hurting the baby, as long as you're comfortable the baby is fine. I still sleep on my stomach with one leg up so some of the pressure is off my belly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I slept partially on my stomach all throughout my pregnancy with DS, and then halfway on my side once the belly got too big. Your body will move if it needs to.
  • Options
    I am a stomach sleeper as well as at 15 weeks getting g to the point where it is uncomfortable :( I did prop my one leg up on a pillow to relieve the pressure but ended up kicking the pillow off the bed and waking up in some pain. It's going to be a long 6 more months as I hate sleeping on my side
  • Options
    ash413ash413 member
    I have always been a stomach sleeper and slept on my stomach until probably 17 weeks or so.
    I got body pillow which helped me transition from stomach to side/back
  • Options
    Your baby is fine. As long as you're comfortable you should have no problems sleeping on your stomach. I sleep on my stomach a lot and I'm 22 weeks. It's not uncomfortable yet so I haven't stopped.
  • Options
    I'll be 22 weeks on Thursday and I still sleep mostly on my stomach. I start on my side and roll onto my stomach, nudging the belly to the side and bend my left knee and bring it closer to my chest to take a bit of the pressure off my stomach. I'll be doing that until it doesn't work anymore and then I'll probably figure out something else.
  • Options
    The snoogle pillow is a life saver! It is a pregnancy must have for sleeping
  • Options
    The snoogle pillow is a life saver! It is a pregnancy must have for sleeping
    This. I got one. Husband calls it "The Noodle". I call it "Mario" and he's officially the other man in my bed. This pillow is the best cuddler i've ever met and it will completely take the pressure off of side sleeping. The first few nights, you'll wake up with strained muscles. Just get used to it and they'll go away.