March 2015 Moms

Sleeping issues

Hi Moms!!

I am a mother of 3 girls ages 4 moths, 4 years and 8 years. (Yes, we seem to be on the "every 4 year plan!") 

I am currently losing my mind trying to figure out how to keep my 4 month old daughter asleep. The older 2 were bottle fed and slept through the night after 1 month. The baby is breastfed and will get up 2-3 times a night. She will have a great week, then several weeks of waking up. Our current routine includes swaddling between 8:30-9 and on the breast until 9;30-10pm. She will fall asleep while feeding then dad will put her in her cradle. She will wake up around 12:30, 2:30 and then again around 4-5am. I just went back to work a month ago and this no sleep thing is killing me. I hoard my milk stash, so dad doesn't get to help much when it comes to the feedings. We have switched her to the Sleep N' Play thinking that would help, which it did for a few nights. Now nothing keeps this girl asleep! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! 

Re: Sleeping issues

• I co-slept with my first and it worked great for our family. I'm doing the same for baby #2. I nurse her to sleep around 9 pm, then have a few hours to myself before bed. She wakes around 3am, and I just pop out a boob and nurse in the reclining position. Then repeat again around 6-7am on the other boob. It made me nervous at first, (I have D cups and was afraid of smothering her) but we both learned together. My older daughter is now 2 1/2 and a great sleeper, down at 9ish and sleeps till 7am. Co-sleeping and sleep nursing saves my sanity!