Breastfeeding
Options

Nursing while pregnant

I am currently 14 weeks along with baby #2. My son, whom is 18 months, still nurses before naps and at bedtime- sometimes randomly thruout the day, primarily for comfort.

I'd like to wean him, but I have no clue how. He won't take a bottle for me. He is so used to nursing to fall asleep it's such a struggle to fight him! Help!

Re: Nursing while pregnant

• Options
    I'd research gentle weaning. I'm still nursing my daughter no plans to quite but I've started nursing her early then reading/rocking her to sleep to break the nursing to sleep association. That might be a good way to transition your son if you're okay with weaning slowly. Once he can fall asleep to your new routine then slowly start skipping nursing sessions and go to new routine. Good luck :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I don't think my ticker works. I'm on my phone but just so you know I'm 7 weeks along. I'm going to tandem nurse. I hope someone else can maybe give you links or more advice to help you with weaning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same spot, although I'm not nearly as far along as you and my daughter is almost 3. I'm hoping when I go back to work this fall (after having the summer off) I can stop nursing her. I don't want to tandem nurse, but I know weaning is going to be hard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker