Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Trouble adjusting

I'm a mom of 2 now. I remember having a hard time adjusting to life with one baby, and now two is absolutely crazy, and I'm struggling, and very stressed. I'm afraid I'm screwing up my older son because I feel like I yell a lot now out of frustration or stress. Any experienced moms of 2 or more have advice? I would really appreciate it.

Re: Trouble adjusting

• I felt the exact same way after my daughter was born. I had horrible anxiety because I felt like I couldn't balance my toddler and the new baby. I had extreme guilt that my toddler was being ignored or not getting all my attention anymore. I understand how you are feeling but just know that it WILL pass. It's very hard to adjust to life with 2 but once you find your groove it will be wonderful.

Hang in there.

• erin79erin79 member
    I'm going through the same thing. It's gotten a little easier now that my DD is 10 weeks and not attached to me 24/7, but it's still hard.  My son just turned 4 and I feel like all I do is yell at him because he never does anything I ask, and he whines about everything, and my patience is already low because I also have a baby to take care of.  Then I feel super guilty because I totally understand that his world is turned upside down and he's not getting the attention he wants and is used to.

I don't have any advice, just know that you're not alone.  I think it will just take some time to navigate everything, and will be better as the baby gets older and doesn't need mom quite so much.