High-Risk Pregnancy

GD, how's your weight been?

Saw OB yesterday, and she complained about my weight. Well let's see. I dropped 10 lbs BEFORE I was put on insulin. But then it's "You are on insulin, MUST EAT THE CARBS!" I feel like I eat so much some days just to make sure I don't go low. But I know that I need to to prevent keytones. Yet another wonderful worry to make me paranoid all day. How is everyone else doing weight wise?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD, how's your weight been?

• I've gained weight but slowly. I can't eat a while lot right now due to no stomach room.
  • I also last about 10lbs in 1st tri, I've been slowly gaining 1 lb/wk since starting insulin. At 35 w, just about my prepregnancy weight. I was put on modified BR at 32 weeks, being less active has def played a part in at gain. At growth scan, at 33w-they we're guessing my little guy to be 6lb 2oz
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat. I lost 7.5 before insulin, and now I'm being told to eat eat eat. It's vet frustrating! How are you dealing? What is working for you?
  • Nothing has worked so far. Today, I went low 3 times, so like I had to eat more. So frustrating because I was more active today, and that's what made me drop after breakfast, I usually don't. I ate a yogurt, a protein bar and drank a coconut water and was still at 79 after. I wonder if I should just drink a soda at that point and avoid the foods? It's like, I could take less insulin and have a high sugar, or take enough to cover and then force myself to eat more. There is no winning. Today I actually wrote down all my calories until dinner time. I was already at 1600 with breakfast, lunch and snacks. Had tri tip and salad for dinner, with a handful of oven fries, and then some strawberry shortcake with a small scoop of ice cream and pound cake, and after dinner was 79 again! I am guessing my total calories for the day, with sweets, was somewhere around 2400. I don't feel like I normally eat that much, but maybe I do. I don't ever count. I am also trying like hell to up my water. I really would like to be at 200 oz a day by 30 weeks. I feel like maybe I am retaining a shit ton of water, so drinking more helps lol, so weird. That combined with my high fluid has really made me feel bloated. I just know it's not only what I am eating. 

• I'm almost 36wks and am still 6lbs under starting weight. My doc doesn't mind because baby is growing fine.

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chavemann10, how have you done it?? On insulin??? I desperately want to lose or just maintain my weight at this point, but I feel it's just impossible to do on insulin. Unless I start marathon running or something. 

• I'm a FTM was diagnosed with type 2 before the baby and I've felt like I plateaued on the weight gain I'm 14w2d and I'm on Glyburide I've only gained 4lbs I was losing weight before finding out I was prego not on purpose my appetite just wasn't there...I'm following the 2,000 calorie diet the dietician gave me to help control the sugars and help slowly gain weight but I'm finding it hard to eat al those damn carbs they want me to eat
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I found out I was pregnant around March 10th. According to my chart, I lost weight at March, April, and May check ups. Not until June, 4 weeks to the day after I was put on insulin, I had gained 13 lbs!!!! I love how my doc was like, "well, we only want you to gain 2-3 a month...what are you eating". Geeez, enough carbs that I don't go into a coma and DIE because I have to take so much insulin to cover my breakfast...what the hell do they want from me??!?! I was doing fine on glyburide, they shouldn't have taken me off. Some days, I am afraid to even eat, because so starts the vicious cycle again. I wish I could be fine just eating no carbs at all, but once they start me on it, I crave them like crazy. 

• @FrozenMommy yeah I trying my hardest to get the sugars under control for me I. The morning my sugars go at least 5-7 pts over the 130 which is considered normal for after meal consumption and I'll have my sugar lows at night after the bed time snack so I have to monitor myself in the middle of the night to make sure I don't go into a coma I can honestly say that I'm exhausted because I have become paranoid at not waking up due to low BS
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am a diabetic prepregnancy. Also insulin dependent. Insulin can make you hungary but I made sure to take daily walks. Lol.. my OB and primary care physician watched my weight like a hawk. I had a bad month between 4-5 when the cravings really hit and gained 5 lbs. They both said although it wasn't bad it wasn't good either. That was really the only issue weight wise I had throughout my pregnancy. 
  • Personally I don't think I've had a low during the night. I don't check my sugars, but I know the signs of low, and I usually don't have them just getting up to pee. I really do think my weight gain is from retaining water. Now that I think about it, with my last one on insulin, I dropped 30 lbs pretty much in 2-3 days, which to me seems not all that normal, since baby is only what 15 lbs? I too had a bout of the cravings, and it's time to hanker down. Got a bunch of atkins snacks last night, I am hoping those will satisfy the sweet tooth, and they have protein and stuff. Uggg, I just want fro yo and a deli sandwhich, can't this nightmare be over?

• I've been managing my GD with diet since being diagnosed at 30 weeks and now I'm 36. I've lost 2 lbs in 6 weeks so I'm fine with that. I've put on 13 lbs in 36 weeks.
  • Ah, @laurmi, you were diagnosed late. I have had GD since day 1. For whatever reason, I am not a type 2 diabetic, but I guess my being over weight makes me diabetic with babies, and very early. So I lost first tri, gained during 2nd, so far my 3rd I have been maintaining. So hopefully I can keep this up. 

• @chavemann10, how have you done it?? On insulin??? I desperately want to lose or just maintain my weight at this point, but I feel it's just impossible to do on insulin. Unless I start marathon running or something. 

Sorry, have been on bed rest and am not getting updates on my app. I am on insulin, but honestly I have no idea how/why I haven't gained. I know over the last month I've lost because of being in the hospital off and on and them having crappy food. Lol

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker