Trouble TTC
Options

Intro -- New Girl!

Hi, everyone! My name is Allie. I'm not really sure how detailed you would like me to be, so please bear with me if I post too many details.

My husband and I have been married for a little over 4 years, and I've known since high school that I had PCOS. I also learned a year and a half ago that I have hypothyroidism. We started fertility treatments over a year ago; I've done many rounds of Clomid and Letrozole. Back in February I was sent to a RE because even after putting me on a triple dose of Clomid with a steroid on top, I hadn't ovulated.

After the initial testing with the RE, we learned my husband has low motility and my PCOS is causing my LH level to be very high. We've attempted two IUI cycles, but they've both been canceled halfway through. The first time it was because I didn't respond to the Letrozole; today it was because my LH was too high. She (RE) mentioned today that if I don't get pregnant on my own this cycle she wants to bring us in to discuss injectables next.

I know that many of you on here have been trying for much longer than my husband and I, and my heart hurts for you all. I am so discouraged after only a little over a year of treatment (4 years of no protection), and I honestly don't know how to handle it. I've never gone through something as emotionally draining as this, and it's not something that's easily understood by people who haven't gone through it. It's getting very hard for me to get on Facebook and see all these announcements from old classmates; I know I should be happy for them, but it's extremely hard to not get jealous. I hate feeling that way; am I the only one who gets jealous of others, especially the ones who never even wanted kids?

I look forward to getting to know many of you and hopefully we will all get our success stories one day.

Re: Intro -- New Girl!

• Options
    Also, I made my user name back when I was engaged and part of The Knot. I look back now and see how silly it sounds! Crazy how time changes your opinions on things.
  • Options
    Welcome!!!

I am very sorry that you are going through this as we all know it sucks so much. Your feelings towards friends and others announcing their pregnancies are completely normal. I deleted my fb account for a couple months because I couldn't handle it anymore. Now I am at a place where I am ok with those announcing their pregnancy because I know one day I will be pregnant and it will be amazing. I also take into consideration I don't know if these friends have also struggled to get pregnant so I try and not get too jealous, but it is completely normal. :)

I can't tell you it gets easier because emotionally it doesn't. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. My DH and I have been TTC for a little over a year. It sounds like we are a little farther in the process as we are in the TWW from our first IVF. My doctor actually told me when we first met with him that we hired him and so he wil give us his opinion but he doesn't know where I'm at emotionally and his job is to get us pregnant. I hope you feel comfortable with your doctor and you should ask as many questions as you can through this.

I wish you nothing but the best and hope that you will be pregnant in no time. Hang in there!
    Kristy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jnissajnissa member
    Welcome!

Everybody here can absolutely relate to how emotionally draining this process can be. The good news for you is that you seem to have a great attitude, and that's half the battle, really. Just allow yourself your emotions. All of the ones that you're feeling are natural. We're all cheering for the day you get your success story!
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options

Welcome! Take a look at my name, you're not alone. lol

I'm sorry for what you're going through, but you've come to the right place for support. I feel the same about pregnancy announcements and such. What really gets me is people who aren't trying and end up pregnant. It is so frustrating!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    Thank you all so much! I'm glad that I can be honest on here about what's going on. I don't like that we are all going through it, but I'm glad we can support each other. Good luck in your wait, Kristy! I hope you get the news you want. And to the rest of y'all, good luck as well!
  • Options
    Welcome @mycinderelladay!  You are definitely in the right place :) there is unlimited support here that I've found amazing.

I totally hear you on the announcement of friends but @kristylang is right.  You never know the struggles of anyone else; but I have been there too. So many friends are pregnant or having babies; my brother just told us he's having twins and it was hard for me but I've learned how to balance my emotions and understand that my time will come.  I know it doesn't make this any easier though.  Best of luck on your journey and know you can always talk to any of us!