April 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone else have a "Cat nap king" or Queen

my LO is a good night sleeper but during the day its like he feels he is gonna miss something.., falls asleep for a nap and within 20-40 min is wide awake!!?? I have let him fuss/cry for up to 5 min to see if he will fall back asleep but never happens !? Anyone else barely getting a chance to finish that cup of coffee before the love of our life's wakes up??

Re: Anyone else have a "Cat nap king" or Queen

• Options
    Yup, I'm in the same boat. My LO has been a great night sleeper since he was about a month old, sleeping 8+ hours. But naps are a different story. If I'm not holding him during a nap he will sleep 30-45 minutes top. But I'd rather be up in the day than at night so I'm not complaining.
  • Options
    Ditto! She has been sleeping so great at night from just about two months on, but only takes cap naps during the day. My mom said my brother was the same way. I would rather sleep at night too, but some afternoons I need a nap!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get the same, he also seems to wake up grumpy because he hasn't had enough sleep too!
  • Options
    My LO has struggled with napping since she was about 1.5 months. If she wasn't being held by me , she would either nap for 5 minutes and wake up screaming, not fall asleep at all, or as soon as I got her to sleep she would wake when I laid her down.

Just when i thought she would forever be napping in my arms (I also EBF and she loves nursing to sleep) i went online and saw reviews about the baby merlins Magic sleep suit. I was wanting to transition her out of her swaddle at night anyway, so I thought I would try it for naps and nighttime. It's like a giant snow suit that muffles baby's startle reflex. We have been using it for 4 days now and so far it is a lifesaver.

She has slept her normal 7-9 hours straight at night, and has been great about falling asleep for naps within 10 minutes of me putting her in her crib. She also stays asleep longer (3.5 hour nap this morning and currently working on 30+ minutes as i type).

Just wanted to share in case there are any other moms out there desperate for a solution to their baby's naps/swaddle replacement. My LO is extremely fussy so it was a huge difference for us!
  • Options
    My son will be 4 months old on the 2.... He sleeps from 930-4 up to eat then back to sleep til 7-730 like clock work. Naps during the day are a joke he is supper sleepy and will fight it then sleep if I'm lucky 1/2. Just the past three days he's been fussier than he had ever been and I can't figure out why! He's been drooling since two months so in thinking mybe teething