Babies on the Brain

Any one ever use "pre-seed" ?

skop823skop823 member
edited July 2015 in Babies on the Brain
Hubby & I are giving Pre-Seed "fertilization friendly" lubrication a try this cycle during peak days. Clomid has really caused things to dry up so figured this might help. Wondering if anyone has tried it and if they felt it helped in achieving pregnancy?

Re: Any one ever use "pre-seed" ?

• I've never used it, but I am sending you some good luck vibes. I hope it works, friend!
  • Oh thanks @HookEmNelson!! If anything happens I'll be sure to share! Fingers crossed!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! Used it with my two boys...it won't hurt to try it out...except it's a bit expensive! Good luck!
  • Oh yay! Thanks for a little encouragement @1017Shannon! It is expensive.. For lube anyway. Haha! I was kinda worried I got duped there for a bit. Glad to hear someone used it & had success. Fingers crossed! :)
  • Keep us updated, friend! You never know when someone might need to try it out. I excited for you!
  • It does recommend it in TCOYF (apparently she used to recommend actual egg whites!) However, I think it's more to be used as a sperm friendly lube if needed as opposed to actually replacing your CM. The main thing is, it definitely can't hurt your chances! 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• als1982als1982 member
    edited July 2015
    We are using it, but haven't gotten pregnant yet.  It's pretty pricey, but one tube has lasted us four months.  It comes with syringes which I could see providing additional motility, but we haven't been using them.
  • I am on my 3rd round of Clomid. I haven't experienced too much dryness, but I have some pre-seed on hand. I did use it once and I will say that a little goes a very long way. I ordered off Amazon using prime, so it was significantly cheaper than at the drug store. I was hoping there would have been more success stories shared as it would boost my confidence that it's not interfering with our chances.
  • Lindsay8406Lindsay8406 member
    edited July 2015
    I've started using it and I will agree with the others in that a little does go a long way. I have yet you use the syringes yet..... Good luck! It's worth a try. 
  • I'm going to completely over look the preseed question (as its be answered) and just ask the more important one. Are you using clomid under the care of an RE with proper monitoring?
  • I bought some from amazon, along with a thermometer, and I feel so prepared now and ready to go!! Now for the BC pack to run out...
  • @RachelT1234, yes, we are using it under the supervision of our doctor.
  • Whoops!! Sorry @RachelT1234 !! I meant to respond to @jnnfrrose6.. Thanks all for the responses everyone! I am also a little disappointed to not hear a ton more success stories, but as mentioned several times.. It doesn't sound like it can hurt anything. We are using the applicators as directed, so I feel like we are burning through it kinda quick. Lol.
  • No worries @skop823 ! For as much as it costs, I'm not sure if we're going to use the applicators. It seems like we'd go through a lot of it quickly
  • jnnfrrose6jnnfrrose6 member
    edited July 2015
    skop823 said:
    Whoops!! Sorry @RachelT1234 !! I meant to respond to @jnnfrrose6.. Thanks all for the responses everyone! I am also a little disappointed to not hear a ton more success stories, but as mentioned several times.. It doesn't sound like it can hurt anything. We are using the applicators as directed, so I feel like we are burning through it kinda quick. Lol.

is your doctor an RE or just an OB? It makes a difference.
  • My OB is Creighton Model FertilityCare certified out of the Pope Paul VI institute in Omaha. He is prescribing the use of Clomid in line with my cycle and in accordance with the methods the institute has used to help women achieve pregnancy. I guess I'm not certain if he has an RE title (I'm assuming that means Reproductive Expert or something close to that, correct me if I'm wrong :-) so many acronyms on here.. Trying to learn) but I've been charting my cycle under his office's supervision for a year & 3 months & I do feel confident in the Creigton approach. :)