2nd Trimester
Options

Cystitis won't go away

hi ladies, I'm trying to get rid of it without using too much medication but it won't seem to go away. I heard it is more common during pregnancy, but have you had much experience with this? Any other remedies other than the obvious cranberry juice, tea options?
Would really appreciate it

Re: Cystitis won't go away

• Options
    I had issues with this before pregnant. Thankfully, it has only flared up once since I got pregnant (I am 14 weeks). I would take AZO because it's the only thing that would help, and it would go away after a day or so. I'm not sure what advice to offer you, other than abstaining from sex for awhile, ALWAYS pee afterwards anyway (it helps with cystitis too), and keep chugging that cranberry juice. You can also get cranberry capsules. Although I don't know how much the cranberry helps, since cystitis is just irritation and not bacteria.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me (26) & DH (31) expecting first baby 1/19/2016!
  • Options
    Vets1Vets1 member
    Get to Dr, infection can spread & that isn't ok. Soda water & cranberry are usually my go to but it can be serious so Dr & medication are actually the safest options. Also pee after sex always!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TpmowTpmow member
    I have IC too. It was painful before pregnancy. I jsd a uti early on but I'm pretty good now. I pee a ton but I'm not in pain. Wish I knew what could help you. I take a probiotic. My friend uses azo & it helps her. Call your Doc & see if treatments can help. My Doc said they are safe when pregnant. Best wishes
  • Options
    Some meds r safe. I got given some last night, will take them if it gets worse. Dr was like not taking meds worse cos could hurt u and baby if not treated.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. I have always been susceptible to them even before pregnant. I am very careful to pee after sex, and am always on probiotics. I might have to go to the doc because it doesn't seem to be going away. Frustrating!