Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Pregnancy after chemical pregnancy?

Lost our little joy at 4w2d and was just wondering how many of you had a very early miscarriage and proceeded on to have a healthy pregnancy immediately after?

Re: Pregnancy after chemical pregnancy?

• Options
    mt1403mt1403 member
    So sorry for your loss :( we lost our little bean at 4w2d also. Just ended my first AF since chemical a few days ago and waiting to ovulate to TTC again so I was wondering the same thing you are. From the research that I've done, if you've had one chemical pregnancy they say it is much more likely that your next pregnancy will be successful. The percentage was pretty high, like 80-90% so that's encouraging. Wishing you nothing but the best of luck and fingers crossed that we get our rainbow babies soon!!!
  • Options
    mt1403mt1403 member
    I would also like to hear it from other people. Statistics are great but sometimes it helps much more to hear it from actual people that have experienced it. This was my first pregnancy and I had a strange feeling from the very beginning. Like something just wasn't right and unfortunately here I am. We are going to TTC again this month since we both feel we are ready but I still can't help but panic and be paranoid as well. I fear that I won't be able to conceive or that it will take a long time and also that it will end the same way as the last. Your fears are valid and understandable but all we can do is move forward and hope and pray for the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mt1403mt1403 member
    It is definitely a vicious cycle. We can't help but get excited regardless of how much we try to play it cool. We want to be mothers so badly but unfortunately the journey to motherhood is not an easy one. I also felt like it was something I did wrong and sometimes I find myself apologizing to my baby and asking that they forgive me for not being able to keep them with me. It's hard and I know it will get better. We just need to stay strong and believe that it will happen for us!
  • Options
    mt1403mt1403 member
    I have also worried about the same thing. Although learning about our bodies and doing research is great, the Internet can also be the worst thing for us. We try to self diagnose ourselves and just end up driving ourselves crazy. I know it's easier said than done but we have to just go with the flow and hope for the best. Best of luck this cycle hun! I'm using OPK this month. Waiting on my smiley face to see if we can get this show on the road again!
  • Options
    I wondered if my CP had something to do with a short LP, so now I am temping to find out my LP length. If it is shorter than 10 days, I can go to my doctor with that information for help.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    First I am sorry for your loss.  I know how hard chemical pregnancies can be.  Here is my story!  My first pregnancy (October 2010) was a chemical pregnancy.  I didn't get pregnant again right away, however my next pregnancy (April 2011) was successful and we now had our beautiful DD.

Since TTC #2, I have had a chemical pregnancy in April 2014.  We got pregnant again in July 2014 and that pregnancy went further along but still ended in a miscarriage (around 7 weeks).  We tried again May 2015 I had another chemical pregnancy, however here is the goods news (and kinda answers your question), the very next month I got pregnant and I am now 6w1d and got to see our babies  heartbeat yesterday!  When I go to the OBGYN, they always ask about the start date of my last cycle and I have to explain that my last "cycle" was a chemical pregnancy.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that it is very possible to have a chemical pregnancy and get pregnant right away.  The funny thing about my story is that with all of my first 5 pregnancies I was on Clomid.  For this pregnancy, I was not on any medication and we weren't even "trying" because the previous loss had been so recent.  The only thing I did differently this time around was start taking progesterone a few days after I knew I ovulated.  I have been taking 100mg orally ever since.   

Hoping that you are one of the lucky ones that had a BPF quickly after your loss.