Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How long before you got your period again?

I had a d&c on Monday, 7/6. It's hadnt even been 2 weeks yet I am almost positive that I am going to get my period today or tomorrow. I have all my usually symptoms. I don't have my follow up appt until Friday. I'm wondering if this is possible that I am getting it this quick?

Re: How long before you got your period again?

• That would be very quick. I had a d&c last time (2012) and bled for about a week after. Once the bleeding stopped my period came 5 wks later. So 6ish weeks aftery d&c.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • My understanding is that it will take a few weeks after hormones get back to zero(ish). The symptoms could be due to hormones going down? I don't know, but I will be interested to hear about whether or not you got your period. 

I miscarried a month ago (using cytotec), and my hormones are almost at zero but not quite. I started bleeding this week and was hopeful this was my period, but my ob actually thinks it's the end of the (neverending) miscarriage... So I should be getting a period in a few weeks, supposedly. Since you had a d&c the process might be quicker though. Waiting for the new cycle to get started is so hard. Hugs to you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • After my D&C it took almost exactly four weeks from when the bleeding stopped for AF to come. Two weeks post D&C seems like a very short amount of time, so I would believe it to most likely be due to other issues rather than AF. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• It will be 5 weeks since my d&c tomorrow. Hopefully I get it this week! It is about 4 weeks since I stopped bleeding/spotting.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• i did not get my period. I agree that it's my hormones returning back to normal. The symptoms are almost gone now
  • It's hard to tell without doing regular blood tests to know when you hcg level went back to 0. I did have bleeding after 2 weeks but then again 2 weeks after there. In between, I did a blood test and confirmed I was back to 0. So I think the first bout of bleeding was due to the D&C and that next (4 weeks after mc) was period. It apparently can be pretty messy in timeline because it depends how long it takes your body to return to normal. 
  • I believe I bled for a little less than a week, but once that subsided, I got my period four weeks later.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
    TTC Dec '13
    BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
    BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
    BFP 3/6/2016

• I got mine 40 days after my D&C so about 5 and a half weeks.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I didn't have a D&C either time but my first miscarriage it took 5 weeks for my period my second it only took 3. I read you should have 20 days without bleeding for it to be considered a normal period. But always consult with your doctor, everyone's different
  • I got mine today!!! Never been this excited about AF! It will be 6 weeks since my d&c tomorrow. 5 weeks since I stopped bleeding! So ecstatic!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Had mine exactly a month after my D&C on June 8th .
  • Sorry for your loss <3

Had a missed miscarriage diagnosed on 7/7, D&C on 7/8. One week ago my HCG was at 250. Was told by my doctor at follow up on Monday that I was healed and when given a sono they saw "signs of a cycle starting in my ovaries". Took a pregnancy test today and it was negative which means I am under 5. Hoping for AF very soon so we can start TTC again. 
  • For those who already got AF, does your HCG just suddenly drop rapidly at some point or is it like a gradual thing? 

The doctor mentioned before my twin D&C (a missed miscarriage) that I'd see symptoms vanish within a couple of days but it's been 2 weeks and I'm still bloated and my breasts feel like they're somehow more enormous than they were before the D&C. I stopped bleeding about 4 days ago and haven't had cramps in a week. Supposed to go in for a follow-up appointment with my OB next week and they didn't seem to think anything was wrong when I called, but I'm still wondering when I'm going to stop feeling pregnant and having the weird pregnancy nightmares and food cravings.
  • I am so sorry for everyone's loss, I found out I lost my baby on the 2/7 at 11 weeks and had d n c that day. I didn't have much bleeding than a week later I had one heavy day of period like bleeding and pain .... I did a test a few days after this and it was still pregnant ... I would say two weeks after d n c the test showed negative ( clear blue digital ) then my period arrived today 4/8 ... Not as heavy as I expected maybe tomorrow it will be worse ... Hang in there everyone don't forget we have each other for support and to ask any question dont ever hold back or think it's silly .... Xxx
  • Just to be clarify I got excited thinking the week later period like pain and bleeding for a day was my period but because the test still said negative it was obviously my miscarriage still taking place :( i guess at the point all I wanted was for it to arrive so I could start again x
  • I had a natural MC and bled for 2 weeks. My AF then came around a week after the bleeding had stopped. It lasted for 2 weeks and came on my period due date. Midwife at EPU told me to take a HPT to confirm that it was in fact a period. I did so and it was negative (I took 3 actually). I can't believe it came so early but gosh, when it did it was horrid. Heavy bleeding and lots of clots :(
    Good luck girls.
    Love to you all x
  • I also had a natural mc that lasted 2 solid weeks. By the end, my levels were down to zero. Two weeks later AF arrived, exactly 3 months after my last MP. The bleeding was heavy with some clots, but it lasted my usual 6 days. My OB said it definitely wasn't a continuation of the mc.

It's now 1 month later and my second AF visit. Normal at first, but right when I thought it was over, it ramped back up with more bleeding and some clots. I checked with my OB, and apparently it can take a few cycles before things get back to normal.

Ugh. I really want my body to feel normal before TTC again, but I also don't want to wait much longer.

Hugs for everyone.