High-Risk Pregnancy

How are you spending bed rest?

This is my 2nd pregnancy and my 2nd time on bed rest. I am only a few days in, but am reminded about how tough it is mentally.... So I am curious: what does your typical day on bed rest look like? How is it feeling? What (if anything) productive are you doing? Can't wait to see where others are at!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How are you spending bed rest?

• I move to the couch during the day to break up the monotony. I email with friends, enter sweepstakes, play online games... I've pretty much done all of my baby research/planning, but I used to do that, too. Feel free to share any tips that you have that I didn't mention!
  • abs99abs99 member
    I also move to the couch... I have a toddler so When there is no one around to help, she and I "play" which is mostly me cheering her on as she works on some project/game. We also watch movies.... But I don't want her watching non stop TV. When she is around it is super challenging. Fortunately, I am also still able to work as my job is predominately online.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm on hospital bed rest... The highlights of my day are my shower, food, and meds lol! I keep myself occupied by reading, crosswords, and my sister even got me a coloring book for grown ups!
  • abs99abs99 member
    @LaurenNewph --- I feel you!!! I spent weeks on hospital br with my first pregnancy.... It was so tough!!! thinking of you!!! And I actually bought my mom one of the colors books after she had some surgery and was stuck recovering... She really enjoyed it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am hospitalized at 27.6 weeks until delivery. I do puzzles, play on Internet on phone, and clean room. I want to get those adult coloring books also.
  • I'm on hospital bed rest... The highlights of my day are my shower, food, and meds lol! I keep myself occupied by reading, crosswords, and my sister even got me a coloring book for grown ups!

Yup... It's all about the daily 10 minute shower. I also get sonograms three times a week, so I have that wheelchair ride to look forward to.

Otherwise... I crochet, watch Netflix... very rarely read because I just fall asleep. I corner the nurses I like into conversations and am lucky to have a couple friends that work from home and can visit once a week or so.

Home bed rest sounds like heaven. Nights and naps would be so much better without the door opening all the time. Annnnd I haven't seen the dog in 6 weeks... which is the worst part.
  • abs99abs99 member
    @bashley3 Home is definitely better than hospital.... Glad it hasn't come to that thispregnancy (as with my first), my biggest challenge is my toddler--- whom I don't want in front of the tv all day. Fortunately my family has been available to play quite a bit...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not on bed rest but an idea to keep you busy would be to learn to crochet! You can spend the time making blankets and hats and socks for LO and there's a ton of videos on YouTube and patterns on Pinterest to look at! My grandma made me a twin size afghan when I was a baby and I still have it to this day. I'm making one for my LO and it has been keeping me busy for awhile! Hope you are doing well and that this helps at least a little :)