Trouble TTC
Options

New girl!

I'm 27. DH and I have been TTC since October. I had been on BCPS and since being off discovered AF was very off. Cycles have been 60 days or greater. I went to see my OBGYN this week who is running blood work. He believes I'm not ovulating. I go back in 10 days to have him read it. I'm now at day 101 with 4 BFNs.

I'm having a hard time for numerous reasons.
1 my brother just announced. This makes the 3-4 person who had no trouble.
2 I'm tired of the following advice "it'll happen when it's supposed to", "just relax", "stop trying so hard"... or the the pushy parents who ask way to personal of questions because we must be doing something wrong if we can't get pregnant.

Now the app I was using to track everything has been asking me everyday to take a pregnancy test because it's been so long I must be pregnant. I'm about ready to copy all the data I've logged and delete it.

Sorry for the long all over the place post. Thanks in advance for everything!

Re: New girl!

• Options
    jnissajnissa member
    You are in the right place and you'll find great support here! Many of us can relate to this.

Keep your chin up! You're doing everything you can. 

Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    wbirdwbird member
    Good luck! Keep us posted on your journey.

Trust me when I say most of the gals here (if not all) have those hard feelings. All the baby showers and announcements just keep coming and the RUDE things people say, SMH.... we're here if you ever need to vent.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@LauraNick2010 Welcome to the board. I had that problem when I got of BCPS too. I didn't go to the doctor until May when I stopped them in December. We found out the reason is hypothalamic amenorrhea for me (from low BMI and working out too much, both of which I've worked on fixing).

Thankfully hardly anyone knows that my DH and I are TTC so I don't have to hear those words of "encouragement" from people. My MIL always makes comments about having a grandchild from us though and she has no idea how hard it is for me to hear. I want to so badly say, "Trust me, it's not for lack of trying!!"

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    Welcome! Those comments are very hard to hear. I finally opened up to my sister yesterday (DH and I have only told a few people that we felt we could trust; we knew we couldn't handle everyone asking about it, especially knowing that results had been disappointing for months), and I thanked her for not pulling the, "It'll happen when it's supposed to" encouragement. It's so hard to hear. And my MIL is the same way, Pixie (not sure what to use to reference people on here!)! And I run the nursery at my church; people keep asking when it'll be my turn, and I want to say, "I'm dying for my turn!!" Good luck with everything, and I'm sure you'll be able to find people on here that can relate to everything you're feeling!!
  • Options
    LauraNick2010LauraNick2010 member
    edited July 2015
    Update: I had my follow up appointment. All the testing looks good. He said my iron was a little low but not much. He said everything looks good and that there is no reason to believe I won't be able to get pregnant. He was concerned that I haven't seen AF in 111 days. He prescribed provera and clomid and said he would prefer I wait a week so he will be able to monitor me post him being on a vacation. So in a week I will be starting round 1.
  • Options

That's good. Did he suggest you start taking an iron supplement? I would. I had really low iron, I started taking ferro-sequels, which is a very potent iron, now I am getting a period again and I feel like maybe getting my iron under control was a part of it.

GL when you start taking everything. FX for you. :)

• Options
    He said the iron was only .1 low and I had been struggling with prenatal vitamins making me feel yucky. So now he has me taking 2 Flintstones chewables which don't make me feel sick and should help the iron.
  • Options

@LauraNick2010 - Nice. Flinstone vitamins for the win. :) I ordered two kinds of prenatal vitamins because I am not good at taking big pills. I ordered bellybar chewable ones and then ordered the DHA (or whatever they are) separate as a gummy vitamin. They're just easier for me to take. Maybe  al little more expensive, but I'm not sure because I haven't looked into the price of the normal pills.

• Options
    I'm a new girl too! Ugh, I hear ya with all the "announcements". For the time that I've been TTC, I've thrown baby showers for three of my close friends. Good times. My sister has 4 lovely children and 2 GRAND children! My DHs brothers have a ton of kids. Needless to say, I'm the world's greatest aunt! Your feelings are warranted. About a month ago one of my bffs gave birth to a DS and it was super hard for me. I was so happy for her but deep down totally bummed for myself. I just keep saying to myself that it's ok to feel what I feel, but also try not to be a Debbie downer for my friends' moments of joy. It tough but you are not alone!
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 27. DH and I have been TTC since October. I had been on BCPS and since being off discovered AF was very off. Cycles have been 60 days or greater. I went to see my OBGYN this week who is running blood work. He believes I'm not ovulating. I go back in 10 days to have him read it. I'm now at day 101 with 4 BFNs. I'm having a hard time for numerous reasons. 1 my brother just announced. This makes the 3-4 person who had no trouble. 2 I'm tired of the following advice "it'll happen when it's supposed to", "just relax", "stop trying so hard"... or the the pushy parents who ask way to personal of questions because we must be doing something wrong if we can't get pregnant. Now the app I was using to track everything has been asking me everyday to take a pregnancy test because it's been so long I must be pregnant. I'm about ready to copy all the data I've logged and delete it. Sorry for the long all over the place post. Thanks in advance for everything!

hi Laura:)
    I am on the same boat, I was on BC for so long and after going off in September came to find that my period was very irregular. I had blood work= normal. then had an Ultrasound. I have PCOS, so it will just be a little harder for me to conceive being i never know when i will ovulate. I did a round of Progesterone to induce my cycle , then letrozole to help my follicles mature . Then went in for another sonogram and i had two mature follies, i received the trigger shot to make me ovulate within 36 hours and now i am in my Two week waiting period. Who knows i could get a BFP in a few day or a BFN and have to keep trying :) 

Has you DR suggested you get a sonogram ? 
    Married to My Best Friend
    Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've also been trying for 8 months and am also so sick of being told to relax and that it will happen when it's meant to. We've told some close family members we've been trying so they don't really ask much anymore. I find these boards to be hugely supportive.
  • Options
    @BlissfulWifey he hasn't done a sonogram but I go back next week for follow up. I had taken Provera since my cycle lasted 124 days. Now I'm on Clomid. He said because of all the blood work and physical exam he isn't to concerned yet. He feels I just needed a jump start.
    @Minnie1155 these boards are really helpful. My family is aware and so is some of DH family. They are genuinely concerned and check in on me.
  • Options
    @lauranick2010 I get check on by my mom and some friends but other family is just "So any luck with baby making yet" umm ... NO! and if i did have "luck" yet I wouldn't tell you yet!
    Married to My Best Friend
    Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BlissfulWifey I completely agree. DH and I have been debating on how long we would wait even if we have "luck". I feel like we would tell family but wait to announce it. My extended family was asking a lot of questions a month ago at my sisters wedding asking when my parents would be having grandkids. (My siblings and I all got married in the past 2 years).
  • Options
    When my husband was active duty and everyone else was getting pregnant. Yeah that was fun. I really think people started looking at us weird because we didn't have a welcome home baby/unplanned pregnancy. Seriously people!
  • Options
    I totally hear you about the long cycle! My cycle was over 100 days when I finally went to the Dr. The Dr. also prescribed Provera and Clomid for me. Did you Dr. talk to you at all about PCOS?
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    PCOS is not something that has ever been mentioned. He ran a lot of blood work and I have since had an US. The only thing he mentioned was amenorrhea. After all my testing he had prescribed provera and clomid. I only needed provera once. I am now in my TWW after taking 100mg of clomid.