Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Chemical Pregnancy

Just had what you would call a chemical pregnancy. Got five positives and a positive blood test, got super excited, then two days later got a negative and my period a day later. Anyone have experience with this? How long did it take you to conceive again afterwards??

Re: Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    I had one in March at 4w5d and concieved again 10d - 2w later on track with my normal cycle. Some women have a delayed cycle though. Sorry for your loss!
  • Options
    I did not. I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage at 11w3d. Plenty of women do go on to have healthy pregnancies if they concieve right after a chemical MC. Maybe I was just an unlucky one whos body wasnt fully ready to carry again right after the first. There's really no way of knowing, all we can do is hope for the best. Me and DH have decided to wait 1 cycle this time.
    Don't feel awkward about being sad, losing a pregnancy at any stage is disappointing and hurtful. Feel what you need to. When to try again is up to you but I completely understand your fear. You can also check out the TTC After Loss board, lots of good advice/stories on there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Las135Las135 member
    I had a very early miscarriage, and got pregnant the very next cycle (no period in between). The pregnancy was uneventful, and he is now a happy health two year old. YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE SAD, I was crushed even though I was only a few weeks pregnant. Sorry for your loss.

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Just bc your loss was early that doesn't mean you can't/shouldn't grieve. As soon as we see a positive test we begin to make room in our hearts for this baby and begin to plan for his/her arrival in our minds. So it's totally understandable to feel sad even if it's an early loss.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    I had a chemical pregnancy at just under 6 weeks last summer. I would recommend charting your BBT and CM at minimum if you are trying again. DH and I were NTNP for a year after our loss, and just now have started charting with Fertility Friend after reading Taking Charge of your Fertility. I wish I had charted sooner, but the first pregnancy had happened while NTNP so I figured the next would happen that way as well. Not so. I'm sorry for your loss - good luck!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I had a chemical pregnancy about 8 years ago. I was only 18 at the time and on my 19 birthday is when it ended. It lasted between a month and 6 weeks. I don't remember exactly how long. I am now currently pregnant. For years I was scared that I couldn't get pregnant. I had an irregular period and the possibility of PCOS and I am considered morbidly obese. I went to an endocrinologist and did some testing and then I found myself pregnant a few months later. I suggest using the info the PP gave you and speaking to your OB about what your next steps should be.  I also agree with reading Taking Charge of your Fertility. The best thing you can do now, is to educate yourself on options, possibilities and what you can do in the future. I hope everything works out for you and that you don't allow yourself to get discouraged. It may be a tough road ahead, but I'm sure you will find options for you and your family.  *Hugs*