Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Anyone have experience with Fertile CM Supplement?

I've used this occasionally when TTC this time and previously, but not consistently nor 3 times a day as the supplement suggests.  I'm wondering if anyone else has used this and had any positive/negative (or non-) results?  If positive, did you notice that you had more fertile CM at all times during your cycle or just during your fertile window?  
BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
TTC Dec '13
BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
BFP 3/6/2016

Re: Anyone have experience with Fertile CM Supplement?

• Options
    benicode said:

I've used this occasionally when TTC this time and previously, but not consistently nor 3 times a day as the supplement suggests.  I'm wondering if anyone else has used this and had any positive/negative (or non-) results?  If positive, did you notice that you had more fertile CM at all times during your cycle or just during your fertile window?  

I don't have any experience but when I first heard about it I read some of the negative Amazon reviews on it. They were enough to scare me from using them ever.

• Options
    Lulucooks said:
    I don't have any experience but when I first heard about it I read some of the negative Amazon reviews on it. They were enough to scare me from using them ever.
    UGH - I didn't see any of that.  Here I go to Amazon reviews....
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
    TTC Dec '13
    BFP 3/6/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you read the ingredients?  Lot's of Vitamin C and Lactobacillus (the good bacteria).  The directions also say to drink 64oz of water.  Lot's of water also help with CM.  Generally, stay away from "suppliments" as they can cause more harm them good.   
  • Options
    kgbbsc7 said:
    Did you read the ingredients?  Lot's of Vitamin C and Lactobacillus (the good bacteria).  The directions also say to drink 64oz of water.  Lot's of water also help with CM.  Generally, stay away from "suppliments" as they can cause more harm them good.   
    Yes, I read them.  I was more curious about people's experiences, if they have used this.  I agree about generally staying away from supplements.  Lots of water - yes.  I am a big water drinker always, so that is one thing that works in my favor - pretty much all I drink - no soda or coffee with the occasional exception.  I do take enough medicine so I think I'll set this aside.  Thanks for the advice!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
    TTC Dec '13
    BFP 3/6/2016

• Options
    I just meant like it doesn't sound like it's anything fancy.  It has stuff you can get in everyday life (so not worth the cost). 
  • Options
    A lot of people were reporting delayed ovulation or not ovulating at all while taking it. That's what concerned me. I understand it's all anecdotal and we don't know who these women are or how they were tracking ovulation. But that's a big risk to take.

• Options
    I was curious about this too. I am coming off BCP and could use some more CM, not sure what to do about it 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    wouldn't Pre-seed be best for this?  Doesn't mess with hormones and mimics your CM?
    Me : 29, Proposal Manager/SAHWM to two fur babies 
    Fiance : 30, Federal Government
    Wedding : Sept 16, 2016
    NTNP : May 2015
    TTC#1 : Sept 2015

• Options
    ljwisniew said:
    wouldn't Pre-seed be best for this?  Doesn't mess with hormones and mimics your CM?
    I have preseed I am just not sure it is getting the job done. I am going to keep using it for now, I am hoping cycle 4 will be better 

• Options
    I have used it and gotten KU twice on it both times I only used it one cycle and got BFP on that first cycle. I also gave it to my BFF TTC over a year. Both her & DH check out fine medically and weren't quite ready for an RE. It was her 2nd cycle on it she got a BFP. Mind you we both took it three times a day at roughly the same time every day and drank at least 64oz of water...... But again that's just my experience.
  • Options
    ljwisniew said:

Preseed is just sperm friendly lubricant. It just helps lube you up without killing or impeding sperm. But it won't magically fix a problem you may not even have.

• Options
    Lulucooks said:
    Preseed is just sperm friendly lubricant. It just helps lube you up without killing or impeding sperm. But it won't magically fix a problem you may not even have.
    It would help the not enough EWCM problem which is what the OP has.

• Options
    ljwisniew said:

Lulucooks said:

ljwisniew said:

OP doesn't say she has a problem with EWCM. Another poster said they could use a little more, though I'm not sure what that really means. This lube won't hurt your chances to get pregnant, but if you don't need it, it won't suddenly make you KU.

• Options
    kosmo86kosmo86 member
    edited July 2015
    Lulucooks said:
    Lulucooks said:
    ______________________ OP doesn't say she has a problem with EWCM. Another poster said they could use a little more, though I'm not sure what that really means. This lube won't hurt your chances to get pregnant, but if you don't need it, it won't suddenly make you KU.
    I am guessing the OP asked if it works because they are having a similar issue to me with little CM, thats why I jumped on the thread. (OP correct me if I am wrong). Anywho I guess what I meant is I got off bcp in april and my CM is still pretty noniexistant. I get a little wet CM but have yet to have any EWCM (side effect of bcp). Every month it gets a little better but preseed is all we have to help right now

EDIT: just wanted to add that I don't think preseed (or fertile cm) will get you KU. I know it is not magic...although it would be awesome if we could use magic to get knocked up 

• Options
    benicode said:

The only supplement I did was more water. Water until your eyeballs float!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    The only supplement I did was more water. Water until your eyeballs float!
    I generally drink a lot of water but this cycle I am going to attempt to drink way more (good thing my office is right next to the bathroom!)

• Options
    OP doesn't say she has a problem with EWCM. Another poster said they could use a little more, though I'm not sure what that really means. This lube won't hurt your chances to get pregnant, but if you don't need it, it won't suddenly make you KU.
    I don't think ANYONE thinks preseed will get you ku. 

• Options
    LulucooksLulucooks member
    edited July 2015
    ljwisniew said:

ljwisniew said:

I don't think ANYONE thinks preseed will get you ku. 
    __________________quote box fail

Oh no, they (general they, not you all they) do. And I was just putting it out there in case some people were lurking since if you Google questions this board will come up for answers. I've seen people discussing and advising to put preseed into a softcup to keep it inside themselves all night. People honestly believe it's a "use this and you'll get pregnant" aid. And if you think that's all you need its heartbreaking if it doesn't happen. And for the FertileCM question, after reading the negatives, I want to make sure people know that others had a really negative effect with it. Doesn't mean you shouldn't use it, just arm yourself with knowledge and do what's best for you.

Edit to clarify a bit

• Options
    le sigh... we really have dumb things down for the general public huh?  

• Options
    ljwisniew said:

le sigh... we really have dumb things down for the general public huh?  

It's one of the least odd thing I've seen people do to TTC. One lady was discussing thinking of stopping Clomid and about ten other ladies wanted her to mail them her extras. Wasn't even clear that she had extras. I'm sure there's a black market for it.