Baby Names

Girl name help!

Jeanine87Jeanine87 member
edited July 2015 in Baby Names
I don't post too often here, but I thought you ladies could help me out! I'm seriously starting to stress out about the name for our baby girl...and I thought this would be the fun part! My husband and I both have A names so we think it would be cute to stick with an A name for our daughter, and we know the middle name is Lucille after my grandmother. We've narrowed it down (I think) to these four: Alyssa Audrey Amelia Allison Any vote or suggestion is appreciated!

Re: Girl name help!

• Out of the four my choice would be Audrey. The other three aren't my style.
  • Audrey Lucille.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Audrey Lucielle best too. I like Amelia and Allison too, but Audrey is my favorite, and it goes best with Lucielle.
  • I would MOVE AWAY from the cute A theme. If you have Any more children it will be a little silly. I suggest Emilia Lucille 
  • I like Audrey or Amelia.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• With Lucille, I like either Audrey or Amelia.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Audrey or Amelia
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• I don't love themes... so I'd branch out from A names. But if you're committed, then any of those other than Alyssa.
  • Apparently I'm in the minority, but I like Alyssa the best. All are fine though. I would also caution about A names, unless maybe you only want one kid. My brother in law wound up having 6 kids in his family - all with A names and 5 were boys. It was slim pickings at the end! And family get together a are weird
  • Thanks. Yeah after considering it some more I'm thinking about maybe not doing the A thing and using Lucy as a first name instead of Lucille as a middle name...which then leaves us without a middle name, but I feel like middles are easier to come up with. DH and I are going to each make a new list and then swap....back to square one! Although I still really like Audrey out of these 4.
  • My favorite name out of those is actually Alyssa but I don't like it with Lucille. I think Audrey Lucille would be a great name!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lucy Amelia would be pretty.
  • Love love love Audrey or Amelia! The other 2 names are not my style.
  • I think Lucille is a beautiful first name. Allison is also on my short list. Amelia is too trite as it is so popular right now. I like Audrey too and think it sounds nice with Lucille
  • Allison is one of my faves. Allison Lucille is a lot of Ls so that's something to think about. Audrey Lucille would be lovely as well.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17