Infertility

July IUI

did my first IUI with clomid and injectables in June but it failed so starting clomid wednesday to try again this cycle. Anyone else with me this month?

Re: July IUI

• I just finished my first round of clomid and am going in for ultrasound on Saturday to check on follicles. I am getting super anxious!
    Sorry your first round didn't work. Sending lots of baby dust your way! :) keep us posted!
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • On my 4th round of IUI. Had clomid and injectables this month too - with an ovidrel injection too. My transfer is tomorrow and I've caught a bad cold! Hope it doesn't affect anything! All the best to u guys! Not sure how I feel this month as its my 4th!
  • Loading the player...
  • Best of luck to u both! If u dont mind me asking what IF problems are you facing? With my last IUI DH's post wash count was 2 million. The dr said he would normally not do an IUI with that low of a count but since we had miraculously gotten pregnant last november on our own (sadly only made it to 7weeks) it gave him hope that it may still work. We are going to see how his count is this go around and may just start looking at IVF instead of continuing with IUI
  • I have mild PCOS, semi regular periods but do not ovulate regularly. DH has pretty good counts but low morphology. This is our first IUI so we will see how it goes.

I finished clomid yesterday and haven't really had too many side effects yet. Maybe a few hot flashes and a couple headaches but overall I have been pleasantly surprised with how I've felt. We'll see if all that changes after I (hopefully) O

IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • I just finished clomid yesterday and I start bravelle injections tonight and my ultra sound is Friday morning to check my follicles. I am on my 6th iui, however this is the 3rd one with using the injections and trigger shot. The first 3 I only took clomid and had iui. If this one doesn't work we are doing ivf. Good luck to everyone!
  • My only complaint with clomid was i was really emotional. I had a harder time with the trigger shot and shots after. They gave me pregny and it came me terrible stomach pains. My DH started to get worried it might be my appendix but our dr said its an uncommon side effect. In addition to DH's low count I also have irregular cycles and don't always ovulate. I Start clomid tomorrow cant wait to try again this month. If i can give u any advice it would be to not test. I read u can test out your injections and i think it just made me stress even more. Its hard not to but just occupy yourself. Plan things to do during your TWW so u have other things to look forward to. I also delete these apps during my tww so that way im not constantly reading things and researching, but thats just me. Good luck to u!
  • I'm with you! IUI on Friday (we think), U/S tomorrow! DH had best count ever last month. We are on our 5th try. The doc said yesterday that I have the best egg count/size that I've ever had. I'm thinking if we can get a great count from him and I've finally got my eggs in order, it may actually be a go!! Wishful thinking!!! I'm feeling good today but I know once that 2 week wait starts I'll be stressed out!!!! Ahhhh! I keep telling myself how lucky I am to have this opportunity.
  • I will be possibly be doing my IUI in July.  I'm on CD 21, but my cycles vary anywhere between 22 days long, to 31 days long.  If it's a 22 day cycle, I'll be starting Clomid by next week.  If it's a 31 day cycle, I probably won't have the IUI until August.

I had my progesterone done yesterday, and it was at 26.  So that's good, but doesn't help explain my 8 day luteal phases or mid cycle bleeding that I have. 

Good luck everyone!
    Mel
    Starting first cycle of Clomid/Trigger/IUI with Donor Sperm in mid July!

• @buchananjayme009 our issue is blocked tubes, we were told IUI would not work for us due to the blocked tubes. But like you we miraculously got pregnant naturally (and sadly lost it at 12 weeks), so our dr was happy for us to try IUI before IVF. I had my transfer today and now am in the 2ww. Not quite sure how I feel about it since it's my 4th. But I'm still hopeful! ;)
  • I started my first round of follistim last night. My next US is on Monday - hopefully I'll be ready for ovidrel and IUI.
    Good luck to everyone, and hope everyone's stay on this board is short!
  • I just had our ultrasound this morning. Looks like I have 1 mature follicle & will be giving myself the shot tonight around 10pm. I have an appointment Friday morning for our IUI. I really hope it works this time. It'll be our 4th IUI. We have unexplained infertility. Wish all of you lots of luck!! 
  • @Youngin86 that's great news! Good luck on Friday, and keep us posted!
  • I'm just starting this month. Currently have my period and my first appointment tomorrow for baseline blood tests and ultra sound. Monday I have my hsg. Good luck everyone!!
  • Good luck Youngin86! We have ours on Saturday am....shot tonight for me too! 3 mature follicles...crossing my fingers for all this month. #5 here! July would be the perfect time :)
  • Just updating since we're cycle buddies! Ultra sound this morning showed 3 mature follicles. Trigger shot tonight, and iui sunday morning. How's everyone feeling?!
  • I'm getting IUI this month I believe but not that far along yet. Just Starting my clomid tomorrow.
  • That's great @Malbright1015! Good luck on Sunday :)
    I have my ultrasound tomorrow morning. Hoping for good numbers! Keep us posted on how everything goes
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Thanks @Mando15! Good luck to you as well tomorrow, hopefully you have good news! Keep us posted as well :)
  • No good news for me. I had a ton of 5mm follicles but that's it. :( Guess clomid isn't for me. Not sure what our game plan is now. Will talk to RE next week.
    On the bright side, my lining was nice and thick.
    Wishing the rest of you good luck with your cycles!
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Geez, I'm so sorry @Mando15. Try to keep your chin up. I can't imagine how your feeling, what a disappointment :( Stay strong, you got this!
  • So sorry to hear. :-(
  • Thanks ladies. I am pretty bummed. And SO impatient. I have been looking forward to this cycle for months and it's over before we even had a chance.
    Trying to be positive. Hopefully next cycle will be better.
    Wishing the rest of you lots of luck!
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Keep your chin up, lady! It's really a shame. And as much as we try not to get our hopes up, it's really hard.
  • So sorry @Mando15. Just sucks when it doesn't work out and you have no control on the follicle sizes or hormones. Keep your head up though I know it's such an emotional roller coaster. All the best!
  • I'm sorry that it didn't work out this time. I see that some of you have tried a few times. I am sure that can be frustrating. I'm new here. 1st round of IUI. Unexplained infertility. I'm 38 years old. I'm on my 5th day of Bravelle with an injectable of Ovidrel eventually. They were hoping to have the IUI finished this weekend but that's up in the air. I'm glad that there are boards to chat with others in the same situation. Thinking about all of you who are doing a round this month and hoping for the best for you all. :) 
  • Tossing and turning in bed: tomorrow I go for an US after being on follistim since Tuesday. This is my supposed to be my first IUI cycle, so I'm hoping to hear good news tomorrow!
  • Do you ladies mind if I join? We are starting tonight with with our 3rd round. We start 150 iu of follistim and IUI will be around July 31. I am having a very rough time with this as I know we only have two tries left.
    My husband froze 7 viles of sperm prior to Cancer treatment an we are down to the last two. I have a beautiful 10 yr old dd from a previous marriage and we have a beautiful 3yr old DD after our 3rd round of IUIs in 2010.
  • Going for my HSG test today. Can't wait To get that over with and hoping they find nothing wrong.
  • IUI this am went well Sat...DH had a good count but only 19% motility which is down from last month. But, as I've heard a million times (I'm sure you have too), it only takes one! Now for the 2ww...hardest part. I'm sorry @mando15. It is hard to stay positive, but necessary. Welcome @patty0619. Good luck @Drove2u!
  • Going for my HSG test today. Can't wait To get that over with and hoping they find nothing wrong.
  • Oops not sure why that posted twice. Sorry.
  • @Drove2u thanks for asking! I don't get notifications, so just saw this (also I'm on a crazy time zone). It's looking like one or 3 mature follies. Two more days of follistim and another US on Wednesday.
  • Also, good luck on your HSG, @Drove2u! Hope it's not too uncomfortable, and good results!
  • That's great news then @SnnyFlwr HSG went well. Not sure when I will hear results but have another appt on Monday.
  • I'm so glad it went well for you. Mine was pretty awful! :(( But happy to have gotten it out of the way!
    You should definitely get your results on Monday. The doc that did mine was talking me through the whole process, and he actually told me during the exam that both tubes were patent (unobstructed).
    Keep us posted!
  • Oh no!! Why was yours awful? Yes the doc said I'm fine too during it. Is that it though or are there more results to share?
  • That should be it. If anything wrong showed up, they would have told you then. That's good news! Happy for you that it's over!
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Awesome!! So excited to be past that part. Now need to finish my clomid and move on to the next appt on Monday.
  • @Drove2u it was terribly painful, I almost passed out. The nurse kept coaching me through it, cause I kept forgetting to breathe from the pain. But at least the results were good, so I left the office relieved.