Nurseries and Baby Gear

Pack N Play mattress

Hello, my name is Angela and i m having my baby in october and i m new to the bump community.

I need some advice regarding the Pack N Play. I bougth Graco Cuddle Cove With rocking seat Winslet and i want to use it as the principal crib for my newborn in our bedroom. My plan is to use the superior level the first 6 months and i bougth a 3 inches mattress but i think the baby will be very close to the edge of the crib (i attach a photo).

Is this distance safe for the baby not to roll over the crib? Are there thinner mattresses? Maybe its not neccesary to put a mattress but i think the playard pad its to hard and i dont know how to put sheets on it

Thanks a lot! :)
image.jpg 1003.9K

Re: Pack N Play mattress

• orangecurlsorangecurls member
    edited July 2015
    I wouldn't use a mattress on the bassinet level. The weight limit is only 15 pounds and that mattress + baby will quickly exceed the weight limit. And I think the sides are a little too shallow.

You can put sheets on the thin mattress just as you would any other mattress, maybe tucking the excess under the mattress. I didn't add a mattress to my pack n play and my children have slept fine.

Congratulations and welcome:)
  • Thanks a lot! :D