Multiples

39 Weeks with Triplets!

I'm 39 weeks with triplets currently and I'm so happy I made it this far. Going for a natural birth because my boys are in position for it. Already 5cm dilated and ready to rumble! I have a scheduled delivery next week when I turn 40 weeks if the boys don't come by then. So excited! My bump has grown so much I can't even stand on my own now. The babies make it even hard to turn around in bed! But its all worth it :) 

How were your labour experiences?

Re: 39 Weeks with Triplets!

• Really? 39 weeks with triplets?  Can say I have never heard anyone go that long with triplets....and your OB is letting you go to 40 weeks if you make it?  Wild......
    Me 35, DH 36
    TTC summer 2008
    Diagnose me. DOR, DH perfect
    IUI # 1 6/2010, BFN
    IUI # 2 8/2010, BFN
    IVF # 1 10/2010 Canceled poor response
    IVF 1.2 12/2010 BFP! mc 6 weeks 2 days
    Mental health break for 10 months
    IVF # 2 10/2011 BFN
    IVF # 3 5/2012 BFP! 10 eggs retrieved (best ever)
    7 fertilized transferred 3
    Beta #1 14dpo - 72, Beta #2 17dpo 145 Beta 3 20dpo 521
    First u/s June 15 saw HB 126 bpm missed m/c 7/5/12 10 weeks D&C 7/6/12
    IVF#4 ER 9/30 ET 10/3 Beta 10/16 BFFN. IVF #5 final with o/e. ER 1/21 only 1 retrieved, hoping my lonestar is the one. Beta #1 2/6/13 = 209.... please let this be it! Keep growing lonestar! Beta #2 2/8/13 - 586! , Beta #3 2/10/13 = 1898. First u/s perfect little heart beat at 116 bpm. Measure 6 weeks 1 day. EDD 10/14/13
    3/4/13 measuring right on track beautiful heartbeat 171 bpm, graduated from RE to OB... bittersweet.
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome! Its a girl! 

Maggie Grace is here!  10/5/13... 8lbs 6 ounces of pure joy!

TTC#2  No birth control since DD was born.  Getting ready to jump back in the saddle.  Weaning this month. RE
    appt scheduled 5/8.   Here we go again!

IFV# 6.  10/27  6 retrieved 4 mature 3 fertilized.  2 made it to 3dt 10/30. 1"very pretty 8 cell" and 1 6 cell.  Beta
    11/13.   Please stick embies!!!!  We love you so much already! 11/12/14  POAS, BFP... beta tomorrow!
    11/13 beta #1  924!!!  2nd bet 11/15 1906, one more on 11/17 3rd & final beta 3430.  First u/s 12/5, 7w4d, 2 heartbeats,
    both measuring right on track....2nd u/s... all is well... both beans measuring right on track... released from RE... first
    appointment with MFM 1/5.  Looks like this is really happening!

• That's fantastic!  My first pregnancy was a singleton and I was induced. Probably something I would not do semi-voluntary again! Let's just leave it at that.

So excited for you!! Just a little bit longer and you will get to meet your bundles!!

• Loading the player...
  • ksteeb611ksteeb611 member
    edited July 2015
    Interesting...my mfm group take all trips by 35 wks
    Mine we're born at 29w5d and all weighed 3.5#..all boys too!
    Definite c section. It was my 2nd.
    I wouldn't have it any other way. Too risky. I'm at northwestern in Chicago which has a fabulous nicu program, so I very blessed to be here. My cousin had twins an d did the first with just an epidural, but the 1st flipped the 2nd, so she needed a c anyway.
    A friend in TX had triplet girls. The 1st and 2nd were born naturally, though the 2nd needed forceps. The 3rd was finally taken by c, but didn't receive enough oxygen during delivery and does have problems. Same exact situation with 6 yr old triplet boys at my church, minus the forceps. The 2nd, born vaginally, is in a wheelchair.
    I suggest a c for safety.
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! That is amazing! I was induced at 34 weeks with twins due to severe preeclampsia. They were both head down so I tried for a vaginal birth but after 30 hours I wasn't dilating enough and opted for a c section. It went ok, not great, but I have two gorgeous bundles of joy (and noise and poop lol). Best of luck to you!
  • @jacc9 would love to hear your labor experience with triplets! Mine are due in Jan but I expect a C in December. When you get a chance (haha, right?) update us on you and your LOs!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• ksteeb611 said:
    Interesting...my mfm group take all trips by 35 wks Mine we're born at 29w5d and all weighed 3.5#..all boys too! Definite c section. It was my 2nd. I wouldn't have it any other way. Too risky. I'm at northwestern in Chicago which has a fabulous nicu program, so I very blessed to be here. My cousin had twins an d did the first with just an epidural, but the 1st flipped the 2nd, so she needed a c anyway. A friend in TX had triplet girls. The 1st and 2nd were born naturally, though the 2nd needed forceps. The 3rd was finally taken by c, but didn't receive enough oxygen during delivery and does have problems. Same exact situation with 6 yr old triplet boys at my church, minus the forceps. The 2nd, born vaginally, is in a wheelchair. I suggest a c for safety.
    For all of those reasons, I had a c-section. My desire for a natural birth (bragging rights?) did not outweigh my desire to have healthy babies. I was very worried about cerebral palsy, which is so common in multiple births. How sad. 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Huh.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow, that almost sounds impossible. 40 weeks w/ triplets AND a natural birth? 
    How are things going for you now?
    To answer your question...
    My labor with my twins went much faster than with my 1st (singleton). I knew that I was going to have to have a CS with the twins because Baby A was breech. But, my water broke (at 36 weeks) and I went into labor before it was scheduled. Unlike my first pregnancy, contractions started soon after and came on strong. 
    An hour and a half later, when the wheeled me into to OR for the CS, I was already almost 6cm dilated. With my first it took 10 hours or more to get just that far. Total labor w/ my 1st was 23 hours.
    I'm not sure if it went so much faster because I was carrying twins, or because it was my 2nd pregnancy. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Can't wait to hear your birth story no matter what happened! Vaginal triplet birth can be done... https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2013/04/18/vaginal-hospital-birth-of-triplets/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml