Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

How do you battle a lack of motivation?

Tara0604Tara0604 member
edited July 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
My son and I woke up late today (alarm didn't go off) and that kinda "derailed" my whole day in a way. I dropped him off super late to daycare and I just feel like i've been hit by a Mack truck. I've done a lot of nothing all day and I need to be somewhat productive because I have a lot that needs to be done this week before we leave for vacation. So my question:

What do you ladies do when you have a bunch of things to get done but no motivation to actually start doing them? (I'm looking for any ideas that will shift my butt into gear) Thanks :) 

Edit: I fail at gifs, too :(  This is what i wanted to put in... https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzvjgjrpBv1qicxto.gif
-=- Tara -=-

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: How do you battle a lack of motivation?

• Options
    I just pick one small thing that I can accomplish quickly and go from there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Lists and good music. I love crossing things off, and I like to pick what I want or need to do first. The music helps it go by faster.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lists. I adore making lists. It helps me to focus and keep in touch with what needs done. I do them literally almost daily, even for the most stupid of tasks. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    I think about all the things that pile up as a result of procrastinating. Then I address each problem scenario with prevention.
  • Options
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    Lists are fun. I do one thing, sit down. Do another sit down. Do something else, take a seat. Finish a task, relax a bit. I think you get the idea, breaking things into small tasks, even during the commercials helps get me started often after a while of doing that I just want to have it finished and never go back to the seat.

I love this gif ^_^

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm happy to see i'm not the only list maker on here (my husband makes fun of me). Maybe the fact that I failed at making a list today is a part of why I feel so lost/out of it. I also like the small task then take a seat idea. I managed to clean the kitchen, but it wasn't at the top of the "needs to get done sooner than later" list. 

Now, can someone help this special kind of special girl post gifs? 
    -=- Tara -=-

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    BooLilly25BooLilly25 member
    edited July 2015
    I have two methods depending on the task that needs to be done:

1) I set a timer on my phone for 25 minutes. I work 25 minutes and then for the rest of the half hour, I can get up and get some water or goof off online. The only way that this works is if I DO NOT look at the timer. I don't watch the clock, I just work until my alarm goes off. 

2) Put on a TV show or movie on TV. Every commercial break, I get up and do something. When the show is back on, my butt sits back on the couch. Not the fastest way to get stuff done, but it works. 
  • Options
    Tara0604 said:
    This post was most helpful for me. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12567282/how-to-gif-computer-mobile-iphone
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    xyzabqsmvb53xyzabqsmvb53 member
    edited July 2015
    Wow I'm impressed by all you list-making hard workers out there. I was just going to say "Uh I get an extra tall coffee...?" LOL

ETA: gif
  • Options
    I agree with all the pp, I am the queen at lists, I start by how far the errand takes me and do that first. I was in target today and I had to fight the urge to pick up some more notepads bc I'm on vacation and I can't take a million lbs back on the plane lol.
  • Options

Tara0604 said:

This post was most helpful for me. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12567282/how-to-gif-computer-mobile-iphone

Yay! I'm not a failure anymore!!! Thanks!

-=- Tara -=-

DIStickerscom Ticker