Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC - I have no idea when to test!

I just got off Lo Loestrin FE almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't had a period in almost 3 years (it was my first one in over a year) so I have no clue how to track anything. The last time I was not on BC, I had a period almost immediately after. Before I started taking BC, I never tracked dates but I always had one each month. I haven't tested positive yet but it's been so long since I've menstruated I don't know what to think or when to test without driving myself nuts. I've been SO tired, feel constantly bloated, my clothes feel like they fit different, and I catch myself occasionally being a psycho. I've had occasional breast tenderness but nothing crazy and haven't noticed a difference there otherwise.

Please help! I don't want to keep testing too early and stress out but (obviously) I want to know ASAP!

Re: TTC - I have no idea when to test!

• Options
    ljwisniewljwisniew member
    edited July 2015
    Do you temp? You can test 12 - 14 days dpo.
    Me : 29, Proposal Manager/SAHWM to two fur babies 
    Fiance : 30, Federal Government
    Wedding : Sept 16, 2016
    NTNP : May 2015
    TTC#1 : Sept 2015

• Options
    Since you have no idea when you ovulated, or if you even ovulated yet, we can not answer that. We suggest charting your temps to figure out your cycle.
    The changes you are feeling is normal for many women stopping birth control.

You can test now, but it is a shot in the dark. The suggested advice is to test weekly until 1) you get a positive 2) you start your period or 3) it hits 60 days, in which you should call your OB. That way they can jump start your period.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea BC does cray cray things
  • Options
    I never in my life thought NOT having my period would be inconvenient, lol.
  • Options
    Read a book called taking charge of your fertility. New edition out today! It will explain everything.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I would start with temping and tracking your CM (cervical mucus).  

Get an account on FF (Fertility Friend) and start updating it.  

Read up on TTC (Taking Charge of Your Fertility and also I liked the Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant).  

Once you feel like you've got a handle on that, you can try some OPKs when you think you're close to ovulating.  

Did you have your withdrawal bleed after coming off your pills?

I just came off my pills after being on them for maybe 15 years.  I had a withdrawal bleed, a fake ovulation (I was actually just sick, ha!), and now I think I'm going to ovulate today.  I stopped my pills almost 4 weeks ago.  Who knows how long it'll take your body to settle down, but I went through a lot of what you're describing.  It helped me (mentally) to start temping in the mornings and get knowledgeable about my body and TTC.  
  • Options
    I just want to second that you should temp and chart especially in your situation.
  • Options
    I am almost in the same situation as you. I have been on Minastrin and have not had a visit from AF in YEARS. Side note, I am not looking forward to having one. I have been off BC for almost a month and still have not had any bleeding. I started temping to try and get a hold of things. That really really helped, and gave me a little more of an idea of what to expect. I have also been brushing up on fertility signs and reading a lot. My doctor did recommend that I test pretty frequently though, as it is totally possible to get pregnant before your first regular period. I would recommend that you start temping ASAP and take a test whenever you feel that there is a slight possibility until you get a handle on your O date, just for peace of mind.
  • Options
    I haven't had any withdrawal bleeding at all after 3 weeks. I finished my pack as instructed, but even the times I switched BC (lostrin to loestrin Fe to lo loestrin) I had some type of withdrawal bleeding. The closest I came was a few days where I had discharge that really only happened when I stood up for longer than a few minutes - like, every single time. I kept thinking it was my period but there wasn't even a hint of blood. I had cramps for a few days too, which I never got on my period.
  • Options
    I haven't had a real period in almost two years either. I had the Mirena IUD up until yesterday. That's why I'm temping, because I have no idea if/when my body is going to decide to ovulate. The other posters on here know what they're talking about - Taking Charge of Your Fertility, Fertility Friend app, temping, all of these help you figure out if your period is late and it's time to test. Otherwise you have no idea. 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• Options
    I would just start temping and reading...the Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant is a great first book to read. Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF) is good to but has ALOT of information and I found it easier to read the impatient woman's first and then starting tracking and reading TCOYF

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18