Trying to Get Pregnant

Is it all in my head?

Okay so I got my iud taken out on July 1st and started what I'm assuming was a period July 3rd and it was more of a dark brown 'bleed' (sorry for the tmi) but that lasted Friday and Saturday and then i thought it was done. I told an ovulation test Sunday and it showed two relatively dark lines so my husband and I had sex and afterwards I had more of a pinkish discharge. (Sorry for the tmi again). We starting trying to conceive as soon as I got my iud out. And since this weekend every time I get up I'm light headed and sort of black out. I have had heart burn and felt kind of nauseous and extremely tired. Also my lower abdomen feels just different. Could it be possible that I got pregnant the day I got my iud out? Or could I just be overly excited to get pregnant?

Re: Is it all in my head?

• Loading the player...
  • NO you are not pregnant 5 days after removing your IUD. That's just ridiculous.
  • Read more on this board before posting. Asking if you are pregnant is not allowed. Why would you want a bunch of internet strangers to guess anyway? Read taking charge of your fertility, download fertility friend and do their charting course and watch the videos, search this board for any question you might want to ask and read the rules. Sorry but we don't have patience for this.

me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• edited July 2015
    @taybridges -There has been a lot of ladies asking if they are pregnant lately (even though they are not supposed to). So if you get not so favorable remarks, that's part of the reason. Also, this question is a clear indication that you haven't lurked very much on the page (you would have seen that the other ladies who asked this question got similar responses to what you are going to get). Lurk. Lurk a lot. It's amazing what you will learn.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I am not familiar with what happens to a woman's body after the iud is removed.

"Some women may experience some light blood or spotting during ovulation.Implantation of a fertilized egg normally takes place 6-12 days after ovulation" (quoted from here). Having had a positive OPK on Sunday would put your implantation (if the egg was fertilized) towards the end of this week into next week. So chances are that you would not be showing signs of pregnancy. 

You can have spotting after intercourse.  I'm slightly doubtful that it was your period if you did have a positive OPK. "For most women, the length of time between ovulation and their monthly period is between 12 to 16 days" (quoted from here) also know here as the Two Week Wait. You cervical fluid can also have a pink tint to it usually about the time of ovulation. 

I agree with some of the other suggestions other members have said. If you think you're pregnant take a test. Sign up for fertility friend, get a good basal body thermometer and use it, and order TCOYF (new edition comes out tomorrow). These will help take a lot of the guesswork out. Good luck! 

Edited: left out words, clarification, and adjust font size.

• mittenlove86mittenlove86 member
    edited July 2015
    Wow.

Edit: gif fail.
    Me: 32 DH: 33
    Type 1 Diabetic
    DS: Born 2/18/17
    TTC #2: Jan. 2018 BFP: 3/27/18 EDD: 12/6/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Doesn't any one read anymore??image

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems

• It is most likely in your head.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• You are not pregnant yet. It is impossible to feel any symptoms a day after sex. Impossible.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• No no no. Not real. I refuse to believe this is real. Even in my most ignorant days or TTC did I believe that I could be/would be totez KTFU 5 days after going off birth control. Calling it now- OP is 19, a military wife, and totez ready for a baby! OP, how old are you?
    Hahahah yes. My husband is military, and I approve this message. 

Sometimes I have a hard time telling people about DH's work because of stereotypes like this, but it's only because they're true!

Usually when my lower abdomen feels icky, I just have bad gas. 
    This GIF is amazing & so me these days! :-bd

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Both times I've had my IUD removed, I've had l kinds of weird symptoms-- similar to what you're describing. Both times it was just my body adjusting to the hormone change of the IUD removal. You're probably not pregnant. If you read a lot of the board postings you'll probably learn a ton of helpful tips (like temping and charting) that will help you in your TTC process.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MagicMikkiMagicMikki member
    edited July 2015

No no no. Not real. I refuse to believe this is real. Even in my most ignorant days or TTC did I believe that I could be/would be totez KTFU 5 days after going off birth control.

Calling it now- OP is 19, a military wife, and totez ready for a baby!

OP, how old are you?

Hahahah yes. My husband is military, and I approve this message. 

Sometimes I have a hard time telling people about DH's work because of stereotypes like this, but it's only because they're true!

Edited post because I thought for a moment it was OP responding!

But, @tkarliem45, I hope you do not take any offense to the assumptions I made! ;-) We had just seen a TON of posts similar to this one over the last 4-6 months and it just always seemed to be young military wives!
    TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

• WHY ARE PEOPLE SO IGNORANT!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH.

Sorry. Bad day. But seriously...ARRRRRRGGGGGGG
  • People R so rude! If you "don't have time for this" then don't reply! taybridges I hope
    It happens soon for you!!!!
  • People R so rude! If you "don't have time for this" then don't reply! taybridges I hope
    It happens soon for you!!!!

We "R" rude? How about lurking and understanding board etiquette before posting? It's impossible for the OP to be pregnant.
  • Grammar. That is something useful around here. And in life. Just sayin'.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes