Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What's on the menu!?

MrsJP20082015MrsJP20082015 member
edited July 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
So because I'm in the TWW & I'm so impatient waiting for AF that I Pinterest everything. But when I get tired of looking at baby stuff I go straight to the food section! But now I'm bored with Pinterest So what's on the menu for tonight or this week's dinner menu for all you gals?!

For tonight's dinner
DH shot his first deer (so sad because I love animals but it supplied us with lots of meat thru the summer) so tonight I'm making smothered cube deer steak with homemade mashed potatoes, an onion & mushroom brown gravy, peas (my favorite) & chocolate brownies for dessert! Also would love some wine but I forgot to get some while at the grocery store so dr pepper it is!

Re: What's on the menu!?

• Options
    My brother is cooking something that smells awesome, but I have no clue what it is! It's a great arrangement in my house for right now. I usually come home to dinner cooked or cooking. I buy the groceries and pay his school tuition and he cooks and cleans. Total win!

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• Options
    Oh wow! So jealous @dixie7701 ! We live with another couple for a few month & she occasionally cooks but it's always Italian so I get burned out on it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We harvested and processed carrots last night (we ended up with 8 pounds.) I might make something with carrots for the week so DH has lunches for the week.

Otherwise, I plan on making fajitas. We'll probably have watermelon, too. It's not too fancy, but it is delicious!
  • Options
    Update: it was lemon pepper chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans.

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• Options
    Mmmm I love carrots! @IowaLove89 . Oh many lemon pepper chicken :P I might have to find a recipe for that!
  • Options
    I'll be asking DH to make me a quesadilla as soon as he's done putting the kids down. He's on duty for everything tonight because he has a business trip tomorrow that's going to keep him away until after bedtime and then he's traveling for the rest of the week through Sunday for a bachelor party. Taking advantage of him being home while I can.
  • Options
    @meltwithyou I'm jealous of your CSA basket! I've really wanted to do one but there aren't many in our area and they are always full. So I have to rely on just my garden. (P.S. that recipe sounds awesome.)

Last night we had BLTs, so I saved up my bacon grease and made biscuits and gravy for tonight.Fresh peaches on the side. 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• Options
    I cheated tonight and made frozen pizza and salads. Monday's are rough. My job is the most hectic on Mondays and so by the time I get home, cooking is totally not what I want to do. Tomorrow I'll make a nicer, healthier meal for us all.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    Hubby is making Thai food tomorrow:) so excited!
  • Options
    hboazhboaz member
    I am a huge fan of the Half Baked Harvest blog...I highly recommend her recipes if you've never checked them out before! Tonight I'm making her slow cooker pulled pork enchilada tacos. The house smells soooo good...I may have eaten a pound of pork while I was shredding it and waiting for DH to get home from work. Oops!
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We went to Moe's Southwestern Grill.  Welcome to Moe's!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options

I cheated tonight and made frozen pizza and salads. Monday's are rough. My job is the most hectic on Mondays and so by the time I get home, cooking is totally not what I want to do. Tomorrow I'll make a nicer, healthier meal for us all.

Totally our dinner tonight. And for the same reason too. Monday's are always busy for the both of us, so Monday night pizza or takeout is pretty routine.
  • Options
    Tonight we made spinach burgers. They were delicious!
  • Options
    rice & bean enchiladas with a creamy tomatillo sauce- nomz nomz!!!

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• Options
    DH and I had fish tacos and strawberries. So good! I used this Pinterest recipe, but didn't make rice and did tacos instead of bowl.

https://www.thechunkychef.com/blackened-tilapia-taco-bowls/

• Options
    We had tacos (bowl for me, whole wheat tortilla for DH) with lean ground turkey, black beans, olives, greek yogurt, avocado, tomatoes, mixed greens, salsa and a bit of cheese. YUM. I try to eat relatively "clean" and this meal is always super simple!

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options
    We had burritos with beans, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, avocado, cheese and hot sauce. I also made home made Spanish rice!
  • Options
    I took the semi-homemade approach today: left over BBQ chicken, freshly steamed broccoli and a frozen bag of southwest style rice.
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last night was breakfast for dinner (pancakes, saugage, eggs...).  It was too hot to cook and the kids LOVED it!

Tonight is taco tuesday.
  • Options
    My H is Mexican (northern and Oaxacan) so I try to make lots of meals that remind him of home.  Last night I made roasted verde enchiladas and my latin rice (he likes it better than his mom's but we can't tell her!).  Tonight I'm making THIS meal - Cilantro Lime Chicken.  It is one of our favorite meals!  We have leftover rice, so I'll probably heat that up and make a salad.
  • Options
    Yummmm everyone's food sounds so delicious & now im craving Mexican food first thing in the morning haha
  • Options
    Thankfully I picked up a fresh whole chicken at the farmers market Saturday so my husband made chicken soup last night with tons of fresh veggies from the garden because both my son and I have nasty summer colds.  I am looking forward to leftover soup for lunch with avocado toast :) 
  • Options
    Home made chinese, my DH is an amazing cook so I try to take advantage of that whenever possible  :)
  • Options
    MaydarMaydar member
    Tonight we're making a stew-type-thing in the slow cooker - eggplant, tomato, smoked sausage, beans.

Me 31  DH 36
    Married March 2013
    TTC #1 June 2015
  • Options
    Making blackened salmon and "hawaiian rice" (brown rice + quinoa w/ pineapples, snap peas + carrots) tonight
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    We did a Costco run on Sunday and they have these yummy ready-to-bake salmon filets. I wrap them individually in tin-foil and throw one in the oven when I get home from work and microwave some veggies. I'm so fancy (cue the song). Also, DH is at work and I don't feel like cooking but all of these homemade meals sound sooooo good. 
  • Options
    crdocrdo member
    Y'all are making me hungry!

DH picked some zucchini from the garden yesterday (dang squirrels ate nearly everything else, grrr). So tonight will probably be sautéed zucchini with herbs, salad, and a lemon herb chicken.
  • Options
    Taco Tuesday!!!
  • Options
    Pita pocket sandwiches tonight with homemade tzatziki :)