October 2015 Moms

Decongestants during pregnancy?

hey ladies, looking for advice. I've caught a bad cold that is turning into something in my sinuses. What are the approved decongestants that your OBs have said you can take if sick? I've heard that robitussin is okay without the guanefisin?

Re: Decongestants during pregnancy?

• Please call your doctor and follow his/her advice and not the advice of people on here. Pretty please. we don't have medical training and your doctor can go through the risk/benefit analysis of the drugs with you, knowing your history and pregnancy.
  • Hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I'm doing that now. You would think being an RN I would know this answer but I really just want to see if something I have in the house would work. Just am lazy cause I feel like poop.
  • You can call the pharmacy too ! They are very helpful.
  • So my OB office called me back and said plan Sudafed or plain robitussin. Tylenol is also okay for a headache;)
  • I had started a thread about this too. Someone gave me a list of approved medicines from her doctor. I took Mucinex, it dried me out so good that my throat was all scratchy. Been taking robitussin DM for the cough and expectorant. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had a nasty cough about 2 weeks ago and my CNM told me Robitussin, plenty of fluids and rest. Oh, and cough drops are fine.
  • Thank you everyone for your comments. Feeling better today and can finally breathe through my nose. Still coughing though. At least I'm getting better:)