Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Is it really AF?!

it has been 3.5 weeks since I had a natural MC.
Yesterday I started with light pink discharge and some dark red streaking.
I have no cramps and am no witchier than normal.
Is this AF?? When you first get it after a MC is it like you would normally get it or is it different? It was my first MC so I don't know.
I've read posts but haven't seen anything similar.
I've only had one follow up after my MC and that was 2 weeks post MC.
I'm so confused...

Re: Is it really AF?!

• I think everyone is different in regards to this.  I know my first AF was a lot lighter than any AF I have ever had in my entire life.  I also did not cramp quite as much as I did with other AF's. 

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • I just posted the same question, but haven't gotten any responses yet. I started bleeding 3 weeks after my miscarriage. My doctor said I would get it 4-6 weeks after, so I'm not sure. It's really heavy and it should be slowing down by now. I was so excited bc I thought it was a period, but now I don't think so. After my first miscarriage I just had heavy bleeding non stop for a few weeks and had to be put on birth control. I'm calling my doc Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • My understanding is typically, a new cycle starts when your hcg bottoms out and you hit zero, meaning a negative pregnancy test. But... If you didn't test prior and therefore can't be sure it's a fresh cycle or not? I had read that as long as its been 20+ days since your procedure, it could very well be ypur first post-D&C AF... Hard to be certain. But if the only weird part is that its lighter, that is totally normal. The lining was scraped clean during surgery so the first one following could easily be lighter as your uterus repairs itself. I would suggest taking a HPT when this one is over in hopes of verifying that you are indeed at zero? If what you are passing is actually delayed remnants of your miscarriage, you would likely still get a positive test due to residual hcg.

Hope it is a new AF and your body is getting itself back on track. So sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayers for peace, hope and healing.
  • As it turns out mine started to get very heavy. I would soak through a tampon in about an hour.
    Thankfully it was pretty much gone by Saturday/Sunday. So that made it about a week long which leads me to believe it was AF.
    It was reall nerve wracking with the amount out blood that was just pouring out and the large quarter sized clots. I thought something was wrong. Those only lasted like 2 days.
    @SpartyGirl171 I didn't have any blood work done during MC except that night in the ER. I didn't have a d&c, I passed everything on my own. At my follow up no internals were done and no follow up labs were done so I'm pretty much figuring this out as I go.
  • Wait... so nobody did an ultrasound after or a beta blood draw as part of your follow-up? Plus you were soaking a tampon an hour and passing quarter-sized clots recently?

Something seems really off about that. Please seek a second opinion to verify no retained tissue.