Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Chemical pregnancy

Hi everyone. I found out that I was pregnant last Saturday since I missed my period and it showed positive on 2 pregnancy tests. 5 days later when I was 4 weeks and 5 days, I saw some spotting and the next morning I have heavy bleeding and I saw a clot about an inch. I called the emergency line since it was the weekend and they said it was probably a chemical pregnancy. Should I still need to schedule a blood test just to make sure? Ive been bleeding heavily for 3 days and it is just spotting today. I am sad since this is my first pregnancy. Thanks for your advice!

Re: Chemical pregnancy

• Options
    I'm so sorry! I'd suggest calling your ob to see what they recommend. They may want to see you to confirm it was a chemical pg (and not implantation bleeding), though I suppose you could do another hpt to indicate that.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    Thank you. I will try another hpt and call the ob tomorrow. The bleeding stopped so I only bleed for 3 days. Normally my period is for 5 days. I will update. Thank you!