Parenting after 35

Baby weight loss check-in 7/5

1. How many weeks postpartum?
2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)?
3. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight?
4. What is your overall plan?
5. How did last week go?
6. What is your plan for the upcoming week?

QOTW - Do you prefer to exercise alone or with company? Why?

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: Baby weight loss check-in 7/5

• 1. How many weeks postpartum?
    13 weeks

2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)?
    I have 8-10lbs left to lose. Depends on the day

I wore a size 10 when doing triathlons and would like to get back to that. (The smallest I've been since puberty is an 8, and that's when I was swimming 3 hours a day plus lifting). I don't care what the scale says quite so much because it isn't a good reflection of muscle vs fat. Plus I just realized my scale was broken a few years ago, and what I thought I weighed probably wasn't correct. Anyway, rambling, I've got somewhere between 40-60lbs to lose, depending on muscle vs fat, and whether my scale works or not!!

My goal is to eat paleo and exercise 5-6 days per week, with a healthy mix of cycling, swimming, and lifting. I have to ease into it because I was unable to exercise during pregnancy (and I'm out of shape), plus postpartum hormones and old injuries combined with a Type A competitive personality WILL lead to injuries if I'm not careful

5. How did last week go?
    I didn't exercise once due to a whacked up meeting schedule. I'm going to try to hit the spin bike and lift tonight though. I also got in a few 5-minute sessions of push-ups, situps, and squats

We are going full paleo starting tomorrow, instead of "do it when we can." Our biggest challenge is packing lunch leftovers. It us very dependent on how much our 2-year-old decides to eat for dinner.

I also have time to get to the pool at least twice this week, maybe more. On the days I can't make it, I'll either spin or lift. The long weekend gave me a chance to get ahead on cleaning and laundry, so hopefully that will free up some evening time

I prefer to exercise alone because I'm introverted and it gives me time to process stuff. But I'm more likely to do it and push myself with a group

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited July 2015

Weeks postpartum?  7

Pounds to pre-baby weight: 8

Pounds to ideal weight: 11

Overall plan?
    Eat only nutritious food - no junk, and exercise.

How did last week go? Not too bad!

Plan for the upcoming week? Avoid the cheesecake my parents left in the fridge... I'm actually considering throwing it out. :/ I'll be walking and stretching this week, and am researching jogging strollers!

QOTW  The ideal scenario is having one friend to chat with while running, otherwise I am bored. I don't much care if a larger group is involved, but having a somewhat meaningful conversation with someone I care about makes running so much better. I do go to the gym and use various cardio machines while watching TV but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as exercising with some company.  I also love team sports (esp. beach volleyball, which is a much better workout than court) as well as skiing - wish I lived near a big mountain and had time to sign up for a beach volleyball league.  

From September, I plan to take up tennis at least once a week and to make it a family activity. My husband and I will book back-to-back lessons and take turns watching the kid until he's old enough to play himself. :) I can't wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks postpartum? 11
    2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)? 10
    3. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight? 10

4. What is your overall plan? Still doing the 30-minute DVDs and cutting out the regular desserts and eating more salads, etc.

5. How did last week go? 
    Still going...did the DVD 5 days and walked my son to camp 2x this week.  I don't usually like DVDs (I'm more of a outdoor runner or yogi), but at this point in time, it is working pretty well since it is only 30 minutes and I can do it at home while kids are napping or sleeping at night.  I'm starting on week 3 of this exercise routine, and I'm down 2 pounds, so going in the right direction!   

6. What is your plan for the upcoming week? more of the same - working out 5-6 days this week and walking son to camp 3 days this week (weather permitting) and maybe get in a run outside as one of the workouts. 

QOTW - Do you prefer to exercise alone or with company? Why?  I like exercising alone.  When I was a runner (which I hope to be again soon when I can get out of the house), I liked the alone time to think and just zone out.  I don't mind running with others from time to time, but that is the exception.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
    8 weeks

2. How many pounds to lose to reach pre-baby weight?
    15 lbs

3. How many pounds to lose to reach ideal weight?
    15 lbs

I joined Weight Watchers two weeks ago, which was awesome in helping me lose the weight after DD. So I'm going to a Saturday morning meeting when DH can watch the kids. I do a couple mile stroller walk every day with the kids but that's about it. I'd love to run but childcare is an issue. Can't wait until DS is old enough to run in the jog stroller. Precisely why we have a BOB Duallie.

5. How did last week go?
    Pretty poorly. Since Saturday was the 4th my WW meeting didnt happen and I fell off the wagon twice. Once on the 4th and once earlier in the week at Red Robin. Turns out a bleu ribbon burger, steak fries, and a cocorita is an entire day's point allowance. I'm back on the wagon this week and hopefully will still net a loss on Saturday. Fingers crossed. :-S

6. What is the plan for the upcoming week?
    Keep tracking all food and beverage and stay within point allowance, attend Saturday meeting, daily walks.

QOTW: I like exercising with people for sure. It keeps me accountable and the social aspect motivates me. I also love running with my kid(s) in the jog stroller, I feel like I'm being a good roll model.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm skipping ahead because I'm so tired...last week was an epic fail. I made strawberry cheesecake for the fourth and my h didn't even try it. So guess who's been eating it all? And my h bought more ice cream. I had no willpower.

Next week I vow to do better. Hopefully I won't be pmsing because I think I'm getting pretty close. I'm making a trip to our local farm tomorrow for some squash and greens, so that will be a good start.

I only enjoy doing things with other people. I hate "working out" by myself. Hate it.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Skipping too bc the 4th was a complete fiasco... But @Guennie would be proud - no ice cream the last 2 days! Maybe I'll be able to turn a corner...
    4 weeks
    35 gained during pregnancy. Still not sure how much I've lost, but I can wear about half of my pre-preggo clothes.
    10 extra beyond the pregnancy weight
    My 6 week PP visit is next Friday. Assuming I get tgeok from my doc, I plan to go back to the gym, starting two times a week. I am also going to start tracking what I eat in a food diary again.
    5. How did last week go?
    Rough. I gave been rating way too much! I hope the food diary will help. It has in the past.
    Eat less sweets! Try to squeeze in some easy strength training at home and keep walking with stroller as much as possible until am able to go back to gym.
    Working out alone is great for "me" time, and I don't like to talk to anyone while exercising, because I really like to focus on my own form and efforts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker