Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Not Telling When He Has to Go

My son is 2 years 10 months old. A week ago we ditched the pull ups and put him in underwear. At first, he was afraid to poop on the potty...but we seemed to have gotten over that. Now our issue is that he does not tell us when he has to go to the bathroom. We take him about every hour or so, but he still has accidents. He has NEVER told us that he has to go, he knows he should tell us and he knows where his poop and pee should go. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not Telling When He Has to Go

• Options

My daughter has been potty trained for about 6 months and she still has issues with this.  Although she has gotten better.  At least for her, the whole potty training thing has not been an overnight thing...she has been gradually getting better at it.  That being said, I think you just need to keep talking to him about, and asking him if he needs to go potty.  We are constantly asking her if she has to go or if we are on our way out telling her she needs to sit on the potty, etc.  She will always deny she has to go and then we make her sit on it "just to see what happens" and surprise! She has to potty.

Just keeping asking if he has to go and talking to him about it.  He will start getting it more as it becomes more of a habit.  Good luck!

• Options
    It took my daughter a good month before she told us. It was just constant reminding until then.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep...totally normal.  Just keep telling them (over and over) to tell you.  It took my son a LONG time...one other thing..don't remind mind them so much...they may have more accidents but they will learn fast that way.