March 2015 Moms
Options

Rolling/trying to crawl

SharLovesAlexSharLovesAlex member
edited July 2015 in March 2015 Moms
I see there is a post for babies not rolling over so I'm curious...is anyone's baby rolling from their back to tummy? Mine does all the time. I put him on his back on his playmat to kick the little hanging toys, turn my back, and he's on his tummy, pushing and kicking and trying to move forward! Sometimes he's okay like that for a while, I put a crinkly book down there and he plays with it, but after a while he gets upset. I think he's frustrated because he can't crawl yet! Sometimes he will roll back onto his back, and just roll all over the mat. I often find him off the mat and on the carpet! Is anyone else's baby a little rolling machine?

Re: Rolling/trying to crawl

• Options
    My LO does this all the time! She has found if she pulls on the edge of the blanket she can move. At my parents house she will grab the carpet and pull herself inch by inch! I've also seen her do the back to tummy to back to tummy to back to tummy to go get a toy... Crazy little moving machine!
  • Options
    My daughter does this as well. She's managed to learn to scoot herself also. She always rolls off the blanket I've laid down for her and onto the carpet. Now when she sleeps, she rolls around in her crib and scoots herself into a corner and gets herself stuck. She only rolls to the right so she gets in a corner and can't get herself out.
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    About how old are the kids? My son tries to sit up he pulls his head up so hard almost half way from laying down sits a few min then toppled over but Dosent roll or crawl and he is 15 weeks
  • Options
    My baby isn't rolling at all... Not even tummy to back.. She's never done it . She's 16 weeks. Is something wrong
  • Options
    Mine rolls from his tummy to his back any time we do tummy time. This morning I found him rolled over on his stomach crying his eyes out in his crib. I guess he can now roll back to tummy. He can't crawl yet but when he's on his tummy and stays that way he scoots his body forward with his legs and grabs hold of things to pull himself. He wants to be mobile so bad you can just see the determination and frustration on his face when he tries and can't do it yet. He's 16 weeks.
  • Options
    lhill88lhill88 member
    edited July 2015

About how old are the kids? My son tries to sit up he pulls his head up so hard almost half way from laying down sits a few min then toppled over but Dosent roll or crawl and he is 15 weeks

My daughter will be 17 weeks tomorrow. She started rolling right at 15 weeks. She got back to stomach down first and went stomach to back 3 days later.

I don't think any of the March babies are behind if they're not rolling yet. Luckily I'm a teacher and I'm home with my daughter every day for now since I'm on summer break. I'm sure that's helped since I pretty much just play with her all day.
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • Options

I don't think so! In that other thread, the moms were saying their LO's weren't rolling yet at all...I wouldn't worry, but if you are, ask the peds. My LO is 17 weeks.
  • Options
    My little boo is 17weeks today and he has started rolling frm back to tommy about 12weeks ,now he tries to crawl but he can't get it yet .i think babies are different in growing,they will all gets there...
  • Options

My little boo is 17weeks today and he has started rolling frm back to tommy about 12weeks ,now he tries to crawl but he can't get it yet .i think babies are different in growing,they will all gets there...

My baby is the same age and did back to tummy at 12 wks and tummy to back at 6 weeks... She is crazy strong and the pediatrician said that she has the muscle mass of a 6 month old. It'll come quicker to some babies but none I would consider behind at this point.