September 2015 Moms

Third Trimester Tea

jordanbrown22jordanbrown22 member
edited July 2015 in September 2015 Moms
just got my order of Earth Manma Angel Baby organic tea in the mail from Amazon!! This stuff tastes amazing but I am wondering has anyone had any experience with this tea and how it helped their birth?

Re: Third Trimester Tea

• I drank it, plus red raspberry tea with my first pregnancy. Not sure if it helped with labor or not, but my delivery didn't have any complications and my nugget was healthy.

I bought a bunch again, so I'll be drinking it the rest of my 3rd trimester. :-)

Plus I love Earth Mama...they're mama salve and spray are incredible. :-)
  • I haven't heard of that tea, but my red raspberry leaf tea did come in a couple days ago. I actually really like the taste. I will also look up Earth Mama! I also plan to start taking evening primrose oil when I get to 36.5 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I ordered some of the same tea back in my first trimester but haven't used it yet. I've heard so many good things about it. We should all check back after our little ones are born to compare notes :)
  • I have mine and plan to drink it starting next week, when I officially enter my third trimester. I am trying to do all the things I can to be ready!!
  • I've seen this in the health food store after this post and reading online about it I'm excited to go out and buy some now! Thanks ladies!!
  • Not sure if it really works but it doesn't hurt to try! And it sounds yummy! https://earthmamaangelbaby.com/products/organic-third-trimester-pregnancy-tea
  • @KereyLynn , it helps to tone the uterus. This makes contractions more effective and reduces the risk of excessive bleeding. It's also good for milk production postpartum. When not pregnant it's good to help your periods, making them lighter and shorter.
  • Hi ladies, anyone drinking Davids Tea Mighty Aphrodite Tea? It has raspberry leaf in it. I'm 30wks today and thinking of starting to drink it. I'm just nervous about drinking it as I was told to stay away but I see (read on this post) other women are drinking raspberry leaf... So it must be fine. I'm glad as it's my absolute favourite tea
  • I don't do the earth mama but I drink the pregnancy tea by traditional medicinals and I love that one (and also their mother's milk for after birth).  I also have been drinking red raspberry leaf (actually has lots of important nutrients in it as well).  I am a big herbal tea person, so I have a lot of wacky herbals on my tea shelf but they seem to work.

@jnlebean23 a lot of doctors will tell you to stay away because it hasn't been specifically studied and is known to have an affect on the uterus.  I did read one rather vague study that said it may increase estrogen levels in the baby and possibly cause early onset of menstruation in females and some other strange thing in boys but it was a very weird study that didn't seem well thought out (I only mention it because I like to be thorough.)  There is a small risk of it triggering labor, but only usually if you are already at risk for preterm labor or use it excessively (as in drinking whole gallons of it). 

All that to say:  if you notice any signs of contractions or any such thing you should probably stop drinking it, but otherwise, it's totally safe and even recommended by many midwives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • When is the best time to start drinking the raspberry leaf tea? I'll be 31 weeks Friday jw anything else I can do to make labor easier?
  • @crystaldiona0930 , I started with 2 cups a day when I hit 30 weeks. And will probably increase to 3 cups around 35 weeks. The tea does not make you go into labor, so this isn't a concern, but the tea does need time to build up in your system in order to have the best results, so you can't just drink a cup here and expect to get the benefits. I love tea so it isn't hard for me to drink it. And being caffeine free is great! You should look into Evening primrose oil too. That I will not be starting until 36.5 weeks bc that helps thin the cervix, so it really can start the labor process. If you google it you can find various blogs about it, some women take it just orally, some use it as a vaginal suppository, some do both.
  • v1wwov1wwo member
    Does it have to be drank hot or can I make a big batch and drink it cold throught out the day? I don't know if I can drink two or more cups of hot tea a day in the summer even though I love tea.
  • you can drink cold.  I am even brewing a batch to drink in labor if I have time....
  • I've heard of tea for lactation and mood balance after birth but what does it do while pregnant?
  • The red raspberry leaf tea tones and nourishes the womb and has high levels of calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and vitamins a,c, e, and b vitamins.  It actually helps tone the muscles of the uterus.  There is some evidence that drinking it during third trimester can shorten the pushing phase of labor as well.