2nd Trimester
Options

Fell (slipped) down stairs

mkmurray08mkmurray08 member
edited July 2015 in 2nd Trimester
I was at my friends house today and she just recently got new carpet. I was wearing socks and fell on my butt down about 3 stairs I grabbed the railing to try and catch myself and not go any farther. This was this morning. I'm am not having any bleeding and no real cramping or pain- just the normal moving of things I assume. Let's just say nothing is out of the ordinary. My Drs office is closed for the holiday and since there is no bleeding or excruciating pain I figured it could wait. I'm 16w2d. Can I wait u til Monday to call if I still have concerns or should I have the dr on call paged?

Re: Fell (slipped) down stairs

• Options
    I took a hard fall on some rocks at the beach when I was about 28 weeks with DS. I landed on my knee hard enough to literally knock all of the pigment out of the skin where I landed and slammed down on my butt. Thankfully I didn't know what placental abruption was thrn or I probably would have gone into full blown panic. Also, I did fall down 2-3 stairs with him too, but I don't remember how far along I was then. He is a happy, healthy 21 month old now. Unless you feel pain, cramping, or experience bleeding, baby is very well protected in there!
  • Options
    If a fall caused damage or trauma, you'd feel it or at least see some sign of it.

If it helps your peace of mind, call an on-call nurse to get her second opinion but it sounds like you guys are fine :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lurking. 
    If it makes you feel any better, my dad's cousin rang the doorbell and my mom fell down the steps while pregnant with me while she was going to answer the door.  Then after I was born the same cousin rang the doorbell and she had me in her arms and fell down the steps while going to answer the door.  Baby is super cushioned in there. 

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL