Babies on the Brain
Options

Advice from Moms of 4 Children

I currently have 3 boys and have been sure we are done.  However, I am now having a hard time thinking I may want another baby.  With that said I was looking for any moms that already have 4 children to give me the pros and cons.  I have looked for articles but have not found just direct I like this and this is hard answers.  Thank you for all the advice in advance! I know it is different for every family, but just looking for some general answers that I could think about and how they affect my family.  
BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Advice from Moms of 4 Children

• Options
    Wow it is time to update the signature. :)
  • Options
    well all i will say is that four is plenty. this is my fifth and was quite a shock....but we are excited nonetheless. my tubal is set for the day after my baby is born.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It really depends on the ages of your other children.  If they are all pretty young, a fourth can be very overwhelming.  However, if they are all school age or older, then you already have 3 built-in bodies who are usually very excited to help take care of and dote on their baby sibling. 
    When you go out in public, do you have to keep on top of making sure you have everyone together at all times, doing mental counts to make sure no one has wondered off?  If so, adding a newborn right now is probably worth heavy consideration of your sanity and well-being of everyone
    Mel
    Starting first cycle of Clomid/Trigger/IUI with Donor Sperm in mid July!

• Options
    Thank you for the advice.  Two are school aged and we have a toddler.  As of now I am going to see how I feel in April.  If I still am thinking about another baby than Ill probably try for the fourth.  It is such a big decision I think that will give me plenty of time to weigh my options.  
  • Options
    I'm the proud mother of six children, and as honigbiene said it's easier when the children are older than about 5-6.