April 2015 Moms
Options

9 weeks pp, spotting and breastfeeding..

I had my lo on May 1st by c-section. I am breastfeeding. I stopped bleeding probably 2 weeks after my lo was born. Got cleared at my 6 week postpartum checkup. I had sex that week after the appointment. For the past three weeks I've been spotting. It's very little but I thought with breastfeeding your period takes a while to come back. Sorry if this is too much info but I'm concerned. Anyone else have this problem?

Re: 9 weeks pp, spotting and breastfeeding..

• Options
    Same issue here & I had the Mirena IUD put in while breastfeeding and I'm still spotting off and on! It's driving me crazy!
  • Options
    Do you believe it's from the iud? I did the shot in the hospital till I figured out what I want to do but the spotting didn't start till 6 weeks and I got it at 2 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I stopped bleeding at 7 weeks, had sex at 8 weeks started spotting again, and at 10 weeks I had an IUD inserted and my bleeding is now back again. I BF too, and I plan to ask my doctor soon.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    I spoke to my doctor. He thinks it's either a hormonal imbalance from breastfeeding or healing site of the placenta. I had a c-section so I don't qualify for a D&C which my grandmother thought I needed to have. That's if you have a vaginal birth.
  • Options
    @thubler25 - just FYI that I had a c sec and had to have a D&C at 7 weeks pp as they left a piece of placenta inside of me. It's fairly rare but did happen. I was passing grapefruit-sized blood clots several times a day so it was quite clear to me that something was wrong.
  • Options
    OostarOostar member
    I had a c-section, breastfeeding, and didn't stop spotting until I was 10 weeks PP. I was still passing smallish clots as well. Doctor said I was fine and just to be wary of very large clots or if I bled through one pad in an hour. 15 weeks PP now and other than being period-less, all seems to be back to normal.