TTC after 35
Options

sonohysterogram scheduled

I'm sure some (many) of you have experience with this procedure.
Just wondering if you could share your experiences with me....
I have one scheduled for Tuesday morning, cd7.
Hoping this isn't going to be too painful and/or interfere with ttc this month?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: sonohysterogram scheduled

• Options
    GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited July 2015
    I've had two HSG's.  One was painful because I had a blockage, but fortunately they were able to force dye through it to clear it (which caused the pain).   The second one was completely pain free.     Definitely take some Ibuprofen beforehand to help with the cramping that you might experience.  The pain was over as soon as they took the catheter out.

You'll leak dye for the next few hours and shouldn't wear a tampon, so make sure to bring some super absorbent pads.  I had period-like cramps for a few hours but nothing major.   Good luck!

It will not interfere with TTC this cycle, and might actually help your chances.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    @GoldenKeys thank you so much for your response! I'm hoping this is less painful since they are using saline instead of dye, however I am quite sensitive when it comes to any kind of cervical disruption.
    I wonder how the saline will affect my uterine lining. My dr. is extremely text book and basically doesn't believe in progesterone supplements or temping to predict ovulation so I can basically count on her saying it won't interfere.
    Ugh. I need to change my insurance.
    thank you again. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thistle8677thistle8677 member
    edited July 2015
    Oops...double post. (Deleted)
  • Options
    @thistle8677 - yes, i think there is much less discomfort with a saline sonogram compared to an hsg. Mine was pretty straightforward. The most uncomfortable part is at first they did an ultrasound from on the belly while i had to have a full bladder. As soon as that was over they let me empty my bladder for the saline sonogram portion. It wasn't painful at all, just odd feeling i would say. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    I had one a while ago to check for polyps (bc of irregular periods tho I didn't have any in the end). No dye for mine, either. It wasn't bad at all. I felt some pressure (but isn't that par for the course with gynecologists?). I'm a big wimp about this stuff, too, so the worst part for me is the anticipation.
  • Options
    @Tomerine totally...anticipation. ugh.
  • Options
    Hope it went well @thistle8677 .
  • Options
    @Tomerine I actually cancelled this morning.
    I only kind of regret it. I'm just coming out of a 6 day migraine and I had so much anxiety about it, I figured we'd try one more month without further testing/scans.
    I think it's safe to say that the ttc journey, recurrent loss, and all the worrying when I did actually conceive has been taking a major toll on me.
    I'm just looking forward to O time next week.
    Thank you for thinking of me. How are you hanging in? I need to read up on the other posts. Xo
  • Options
    It's definitely full of a lot of ups and downs and anxiety, @thistle8677.  I hope you have good luck this month, and then you won't have to bother with making a decision about  testing etc next month.

I'm ok- pretty quiet here.  I took my 5 days of Clomid and started OPKs this morning.  Just waiting.  The Clomid wasn't too bad- some mild headaches and I was super thirsty.  And a little emotional.  I'm hopeful, but also feeling slightly dubious about what to expect.  Trying not to expect anything.  Sigh.
  • Options
    Krisd6Krisd6 member
    I had a saline ultrasound. It wasn't painful. Just uncomfortable. I felt like I had to go to the bathroom! Hope you are feeling better!