Babies on the Brain

Surprise pregnancy and FF question.

N021282N021282 member
edited July 2015 in Babies on the Brain
I had my mirena out on the 3rd of June. My doctor told me to wait one cycle before we ttc. I had my period when the Mirena came out and I started temping on the first day of my period.I have been anxiously waiting for this cycle to finish so that we can ttc. FF gave my first ovulation date as day 14 of my cycle. We BD on day 20 thinking that I have already ovulated, and then FF changed my ovulation date to day 23. I didn't realise we bd in my fertile window until about 10 days afterwards. As soon as I realised I took a pregnancy test the next day that was a BFN at first. A few hours later I fished it out of the trash and saw a very faint second line.  Thinking it is a evap line I got rid of the test and forgot about it. That was three days ago.
This morning I was feeling out of sorts, nauseous and short of breath and I had a headache. I was about to take something for the headache when I decided to do another pregnancy test just to be safe. To my shock it was actually positive. I am going to do another test tomorrow morning just to be sure it's not a false positive.

I am freaking out a little, because I've had a few glasses of wine this week so praying that it will be ok. 

My question about FF. When I read the positive test into FF it changed my ovulation date back to day 14, which I don't think is possible. If I ovulated on day 14 the BFP would have showed up on the test three days ago and we didn't bd before day 14. Does anybody know why FF changed the ovulation date again?

Re: Surprise pregnancy and FF question.

• bmo88bmo88 member
    edited July 2015
    When you get off birth control, your cycle and body goes through a lot of changes. It's not 100% predictable how things will go. You are pregnant, according to the tests and that's all that matters. Does it really matter how/if your ovulation changed?

Congrats!
  • I'm sure all doctors have a different opinion, but mine said it's ok to drink until it's pink!

My story is a lot like yours, I just got my Mirena out and started doing FF the day after. Thanks for posting this- I'll have to be extra careful.. I didn't know FF could change your ovulation date either but I guess it makes sense without a good baseline and I've heard hormones are crazy after getting off BC.

But CONGRATS on the positive HPT!
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't worry about a few glasses of wine and congrats on your BFP!
  • Thank you, I really appreciate it. I am so grateful :) 
  • Katm89Katm89 member
    Congratulations!
  • I'm a little late seeing this post, but congratulations! 
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Hi ladies. Looks like I am back on this board. Found out on Friday that the baby never developed. The doctor think it's because my uterus lining was too thin, but we will never know exactly what went wrong. I am scheduled for a d&c on Wednesday. My emotions are all over the place at the moment. I just want to fast forward to whenever I am fortunate enough to be pregnant again.

Baby dust to everyone!
  • I'm truly sorry to hear that you're back on the TTC boards, and hope for the best and a short stay here!

I may not be fully understanding the meaning, but the end of the post wishing "baby dust to everyone!" seems like an awful thing to say.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, and also hope your stay is short here!

To echo OP, I've learned from lurking that the term "baby dust" is not considered appropriate on TB out of respect to those who have lost their babies.
  • I am truly sorry if I offended anyone. Things clearly changed with that term. When I was ttc a few years back with my son it was a positive term sending positive vibes to everyone hoping that they have a healthy pregnancy soon.
  • I am so sorry  for your loss
  • I'm very sorry @N021282.  I hope you won't be here long.
  • I am so sorry. We are all here for support. I'll be thinking of you and your family tomorrow. Hugs!!