Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Feeling Stressed and Scared

Babyberg1012Babyberg1012 member
edited July 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
Today marks day 7 of my nightly lovenox shots in my belly. It is starting to take a toll on me and it's stressing me out. I've always hated needles and ironically, I now have to inject myself everyday for the next 20 weeks! Actually I feel like everything is stressing me out! The shots are starting to bruise me up pretty good on both sides of my stomach and they are hurting. On top of that, I'm nervous about everything related to our rainbow baby. I'll do anything to have a healthy rainbow baby, but I get worried something is wrong with every cramp that I feel and I'm also terrified to use the bathroom in fear that I will see blood.

This is our second pregnancy. Our first pregnancy ended at 25 weeks when our sweet little Baby, Ryan lost his heartbeat with no know reason. Ugh. Sorry for ranting, but I'm just feeling blue.

Re: Feeling Stressed and Scared

• Options
    PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    edited July 2015
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. Pregnancy is an exciting, but stressful time. Hopefully you'll find ways to distract yourself and may be even relax a little. I'm impressed that you're able to give yourself shots! I don't mind needles, but I don't think that I could give myself a shot. You're one tough mama!
  • Options
    Thanks Plainjane. Im trying to take things one day at a time. Some days, I guess are better than others. I just felt super overwhelmed with emotions last night. It's so scary being a mommy to an angel baby. I never want to feel like I did that day that we couldn't find our baby's heartbeat. I just hope and pray that this little peanut will be here happy and healthy in 9 months. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for reading plainjane
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Praying for a healthy 9 for you! I would hate to have to give myself injections and I know lovenox leaves welts on your belly. But, just remember you are doing this for your sweet baby and I'm sure would have done the same for Ryan if they thought it would make a difference. Pregnancy is stressful, but I try to tell myself that no amount of worrying will change the outcome. The whole 'after you hear a heartbeat your risk of loss goes down' doesn't comfort me since we saw a good heart rate at 9 weeks and thought I had made it to 13 weeks only to discover baby had stopped growth shortly after our 9 week appointment. Give this baby all the love you have, that's all we can do!
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I remember staring at the screen asking if we should have seen a heartbeat by now... I felt like I was going to throw-up. I'm on couch potato rest and says bored! So feel free to email me if you need, or want, to talk:

Plainjane19792001@gmail.com
  • Options
    @Babyberg1012 I have formally introed to this board, but certainly belong. After 3 losses, we are expecting #2. I'm also doing twice daily heparin shots. There are a few things that really helped me in the beginning: ice is your friend. Ice before and after helps. Inject slowly. The faster I inject, the bigger bruise I tend to get and more painful the site tends to be. Alternate sides. I do right side in the morning, left at night. Alternate height of you can too. For example, the area above the belly button on the right in the morning and below the belly button on the left in the evening. If your schedule is nightly, it may give you a little more time to heal. You can also ask if there are other injectable sites. I was given 3: within 1 inch of the belly button, love handles/sides, and thighs. I was also told to avoid injecting within 2 inch of a bruise, if possible.

I hope this helps. PGAL brain is hard enough without the added stress of the injections! Fx for a happy and healthy 9 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ Sarah...Thanks so much for your tips on injections! It's been a total nightmare as I've always been squeamish about needles. Agreed, I just started icing and it helps a great deal! The burning sensation after is the most challenging part for me. But again, I'll do anything to hold our healthy rainbow baby. Trying to take it one day at a time. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months too!