April 2015 Moms

Breast feeding & Exersize

Hey ladies!

Anyone breast feeding and working out/cardio/weightlifting? I am struggling getting the baby weight off but am still breast feeding. Just looking for anyone with experience balancing all the nutritional needs to loose it but still produce enough!

Thanks!!!

Re: Breast feeding & Exersize

• So, I'm slow to start this time around but exercised quite a bit with my last child. I did Zumba about 3 times a week. However, I also subscribed to Weight Watchers which allowed for tracking your activity. This helped me know how much to eat accounting for activity & still lose weight. I never had a supply problem and nursed her for a year. They have a plan for nursing moms which also gives you extra points.

I went to Zumba for the first time yesterday & hope I start dropping the weight a little more quickly. I still have about 15 lbs to go out of the 50 I gained.

Good luck!
  • Just make sure you're eating enough. I find I get ravenous and need to make sure I eat before that happens or I go for junk, which would work against weight loss goals. I try to get lots of protein with nuts/seeds, yogurt, eggs, etc.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been running and working out and playing baseball my milk supply doesn't seem to be effected just listen to your body eat when your hungry and drink a lot of water
  • I have been walking two miles and doing insanity videos every day. I thought my supply was being effected at one point so I upped my water intake and now it is good again. I also notice that with drinking so much water I'm not eating as much junk food.

Good luck to you!