TTC After a Loss
Options

TWW anxiety strategies please!

Hello ladies! Today I'm at 8 DPO, smack in the middle of my TWW. This it's only my second cycle since MMC so my luteals have been super short, making my chart look like AF is already late. Honestly, I've already wasted a test haha so looking for coping strategies to get through the rest of my TWW! Trying to keep myself from wasting any more pregnancy tests until a much more reasonable 14 DPO.

Re: TWW anxiety strategies please!

• Options
    I'm exactly 8 DPO myself! You're not alone. I've been keeping as busy as possible :) Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Good luck to you, too!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 6DPO, in my third cycle since MMC. My chart was weird the first cycle, absolutely crazy the second cycle, and delightfully normal now. (I had lingering hcg last month.)

I got a positive at 12DPO last time, so I'm thinking of holding out until then. Never tried testing earlier than that.

I wish I had advice for getting through the TWW. I actually clicked on this thread because I need some!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I went to Hastings and got an adult coloring book! It sounds very cheesy but it is so relaxing. It has a lot of different shapes and patterns and very easy to get lost in. It has helped me a ton and I would definitely recommend it.
  • Options
    I second the adult coloring book!! I bought the "Enchanted Forest" one and it's awesome. It was super helpful for me post-mc when I needed a distraction that didn't really require much thinking/energy. I'm just getting past AF right now, but I'm sure it'll be an excellent distraction when I get to the nerve racking TWW!

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    I second the adult coloring book!! I bought the "Enchanted Forest" one and it's awesome. It was super helpful for me post-mc when I needed a distraction that didn't really require much thinking/energy. I'm just getting past AF right now, but I'm sure it'll be an excellent distraction when I get to the nerve racking TWW!
    I have that one too!! So intricate and fun to do!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015