Infertility
Options

Newbie Intro

Hello Ladies. I have been a lurker on The Bump for quite some time. And I have decided it's time I reached out for some support from you wonderful women. Me & my amazing husband got married on May 18, 2013. Shortly after sometime in June we decided to stop using protection. We weren't trying to have a baby but we weren't trying to prevent it either. We both decided we were married and financially stable so we were in an ok position to start a family. We've been trying since then and nothing. In Feb of this year we decided it was time to go to the doctor. So on Friday June 26th I had an HSG. I must first say it was the most painful experience I have ever gone through. But the results were not what I was hoping for. I was told I have endomitriosis and my tubes are completely blocked. Which means that the only way I can get pregnant is through IVF. I have yet to actually make any final decisions or research in depth. I am still in shock. My biggest dream has always been to be a mother. So now that this is an obstacle in the road I am feeling a bit discouraged. I am hoping that becoming a part of this community will help alleviate some of my fears and worries. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you ladies and help each other get through our journeys of becoming Mommies. 

Re: Newbie Intro

• Options
    Hello and welcome! Endometriosis isn't usually diagnosed via hsg, but if they feel they saw it during your procedure then it must be bad. Chances are with endometriosis you may have needed IVF anyways. It's probably the worst fertility issue you can have next to DOR. I'm not going to play the pain Olympics though. IVF isn't that bad. I'm happy it's even available for people like us. You have a great chance of having a baby. :)
  • Options
    I too have endometriosis that mainly affects my left ovary. Like you, I was so unsure, nervous, and financially concurred about starting IVF, not to mention my extreme fear of needles. However, as the previous person said, it's really not that bad. I had to really dig deep and do some soul searching to convince myself that taking so many meds and injecting my own body was acceptable. But I did it! In all honesty, if you take it one day at a time and celebrate the little victories ( like not crying when you inject Menopur or Progesterone) it is doable. IVF is completely doable. Also my husband is my rock and he and I have grown closer due to this experience. I'm so blessed to have him. So basically, what I'm trying to say is, if I can do it, anyone can! Just had transfer and awaiting prego test in 9 days!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The medical procedures that can be carried out now are phenomenal so don't be discouraged that you need a little help. We too had plans like so many to get married and start a family straight away and that was 5 years ago things always don't go according to plan. We've been through 2 x IUI's and 4 rounds of IVF but as the ladies before me have said, it's not too bad you quickly get over any fear of needles you once had! It's a long road so just be prepared to listen and talk to each other as you start your journey. One thing I would recommend is acupuncture. We did it for our second and fourth round of IVF and we got positive pregnancy results for both, the first time sadly didn't continue to develop but so far were doing good after our 4th IVF ( we're currently 7 weeks and one day pregnant!!) we have our first scan on Tuesday to make sure junior is developing as normal and hopefully see a heartbeat. I wish you the very best of luck on your journey and I hope that you too will soon have your pregnancy stories to share, I know what it's like feel like your sitting on the outside of the mammy club...