Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

M/C Today

Hello, I just miscarried this afternoon. We did an ultrasound yesterday and I was measuring 5w5d, but it was just an empty gestational sac. Though that is normal for 5 weeks, I think we should have been farther along and my Betas weren't rising appropriately. So since we found out we were pregnant (the 19th), the Dr. wasn't sure if it was a viable pregnancy.

I seem to be feeling ok and I seem to be feeling a little relieved that the not-knowing-game and stress is over. And I am already thinking about when I can get pregnant again. The only time I cried is when my 2 year old son asked about the baby. I am sad that this pregnancy ended that way and I am thinking that I am emotionally feeling ok because we never got to a point where there was a baby in there. Anyone else have these feelings so soon? Is it ok to feel like this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: M/C Today

• Everyone is different. You may just process this in a more logical way that there was never a baby in the sac or that something was wrong with the baby and that is fine that you are feeling ok. It may take some time for it to hit you too. Everyone is different so never feel like feeling or not feeling something is not ok. I am sorry for your loss. I also had a 2 y.o asking about our baby. Now she tells everyone her sister is with Jesus (we never knew gender, she just decided she had a sister). I hope you get your rainbow soon!
  • Thank you. I am sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • kcmichelkcmichel member
    edited July 2015
    Hi there. So sorry for your loss. Im glad it was over quickly at least.
    Yes the way you feel is okay. My 1st loss was a chemical pregnancy. Never had a sono or 1st OB appt. I got my positive a couple days before expected AF and at about 4w5d I started spotting and it was over. I was sad, and shocked of course, especially since we were ever so ready for our last child. But there wasn't much time for the pregnancy to become "real" and sink in. We went right to trying again next cycle, I wish I hadn't only because I had a missed miscarriage this time and wonder if I was an unlucky case where my body wasn't ready.
    Nonetheless, I'm glad you are feeling alright. I hope next time goes better for you. Be well!
    Edited for typo*
  • Thank you. I'm sorry to hear about your losses. That's one of my concerns is when to try again and if it will happen again.