Parenting after 35
Options

Baby weight loss check-in 6/29

How many weeks postpartum?
How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)?
How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight?
What is your overall plan?
How did last week go?
What is your plan for the upcoming week?

QOTW - Were you an athlete while in school? What sports?

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: Baby weight loss check-in 6/29

• Options
    mattandloramattandlora member
    edited July 2015
    - I'm 12 weeks postpartum
    - I need to lose 10 more lbs to reach my pre-pregnancy weight for this baby.
    - I need to lose 60lbs to reach my triathlon race weight (age 28)
    - My overall plan is to get on the paleo diet (which was successful after baby #1) and slowly add biking, swimming, and lifting sessions as my body tolerates
    - last week: meh. Lots of schedule interference made it difficult to get to the gym. However, we walked all over the zoo for 4 hours on Sunday. Double stroller up and down hills, lifting the 2 year old over and over. I'm more sore now than I was after DD's birth. And we really sucked at eating paleo all week.
    - this week: more schedule issues. I hope to get in an hour of exercise, either 3 20min bike sessioms, or 2 30 min swims, or some combo. I also want to start doing some basic situps, pushup, and lunges wherever I can fit them in. I hope to do a better job eating paleo, but still cheat here and there. We're going full-on paleo after July 4 weekend.

QOTW - I swam competitively from age 11 to age 29, age-group, then school, then masters, then triathlons.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Are we doing this now too? Cool?

How many weeks postpartum? Weeks? 7.5 months!

How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)? 16lbs

How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight? Same. ETA: i guess I should add that i am at a good weight now. I'm 5'9 and 139lbs. BUT I like beig skinny, was 123lbs the month i got pregnant, and want to get back there so i don't have to replace my entire wardrobe...

What is your overall plan? None right now :(

How did last week go? Oh I'm sitting in my ass bc one kid is sick, the other in a helmet (can't get out due to heat) and DH travels all the time.

What is your plan for the upcoming week? Maybe stop eating so much ice cream...

Nope. But I became a runner and yogi as an adult. Can't wait to run again. Would love to do yoga again too but since I had DeQuervain's with DD1 my wrists have not been the same.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mandyreadsmandyreads member
    edited June 2015
    How many weeks postpartum? Payton turns 6mths on the 9th of July.

How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)? I lost it 2 weeks after delivery. (Thanks to being on a low carb diet half of my pregnancy)

How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight? About 35lbs

What is your overall plan? I recently started My Fitness Pal a few days ago. And add in some walking right now.

How did last week go? Didn't do a whole lot. Went swimming at moms. Pay threw up on me and Dr thought it was a bug. But she only threw up twice so I am thinking she got choked on something. Never acted sick.

What is your plan for the upcoming week? I am hosting Bunco at my house in 2 weeks so I have to go buy prizes this week for it.

QOTW - Were you an athlete while in school? What sports? Nope. Hated sports with a passion. Which is weird since every zone of my other 5 siblings played basketball. Some college. I had seizures growing up so I didn't have to participate when it was required to do basketball or pe. So that's probably why I don't care for them. After cheering on daughter at softball I wish I had done it though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    >How many weeks postpartum? 10 wks

How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)? 12 lbs.

How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight? Same - 12 lbs.

What is your overall plan?
    Started exercise DVD 5 days a week and watch what I eat. We have started our CSA baskets so lots of veggies around the house and it motivates me to try new things. Also cutting out daily dessert and/or chocolate habit that I picked up in pregnancy.

How did last week go? I rocked
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    How many weeks postpartum? 3 weeks
    How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)? I gained 35 during pregnancy, so I need to lose all of that for starters (not sure how much is already gone, since we don't own a scale...)
    How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight? Prior to getting pregnant, I was trying to lose 10, so I'd love to lose that much in addition to the pregnancy weight.
    What is your overall plan? I am feeling pretty ok physically, so I have been going for walks with LO 2-3 times a week.  I may start adding some light strength training at home, but I don't want to do too much until I get the ok from my OB at the 6 weeks PP visit.
    How did last week go? We had lots of rain, so I tried to get out for walks in between the storms.  The problem is that when I go for walks, I often end up buying myself a treat (like ice cream or a pastry), which pretty much negates any benefits from the walk itself.  I need to stop that.  
    What is your plan for the upcoming week?  Keep walking with the stroller and add in some strength stuff, as I mentioned above.  I have absolutely no muscle tone right now, which is driving me nuts.  I feel like a deflated balloon.

QOTW - Were you an athlete while in school? What sports? Not technically an athlete.  But I did marching band/color guard/dance, which were very athletic and kept me active and strong.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You can all laugh now. I'm 19 months postpartum. I wasn't even going to think about any of this, but I know I will feel better physically and be able to keep up better with my daughter if I try to get somewhat back in shape. So...

I need to lose 5lbs to get back to my prepregnancy weight.

I need to lose 10lbs to get to what I consider my ideal weight, the weight I felt best and was really in good shape. Honestly, if I can just get back to a point where my pants fit me without giving me muffin top I'll be really happy.

For starters I need to start eating healthier again and stop eating so much ice cream. I always crave it in hot weather and I'm eating way too much. Once I feel I'm doing better with my diet I want to see what will actually fit into my lifestyle with a toddler. I hate "working out." I need to find some things I can do I'll actually stick with.

Last week I ate ice cream every single night. I partially blame withdrawal from birth control pills. But who am I kidding.

Next week I vow to not buy any ice cream and to focus on making as many fresh vegetables as I can.

I was not an athlete in school. I was in band, show choir and drama club. I did play tennis for a couple years but I wasn't any good.

Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Guennie said:

I want to see what will actually fit into my lifestyle with a toddler.

Right there with ya. I've discovered that I have time to exercise, but the breaks are unpredictable. I can't consistently get to a class at the gym or appointment with the trainer. So we splurged on a spin bike for home and some free weights. I keep my swim bag in the car all the time and try to go over lunch break if there's time.

Then there's days like today, where I had time over lunch, but decided I was too hungry and went to McDonald's instead.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    mindaamindaa member
    First, I just have to say I love that we can talk about weight here. My BMB eschews any such discussion.

How many weeks postpartum?
    How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)? 10-12
    How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight? 20 (eeks!)
    What is your overall plan? I hadn't really thought about it, so this is good. I'm also not sure what is realistic while still breastfeeding. I think the main goal will be to cut back on the sweets. Currently, I also have a summer ice cream habit, then going back to work will be a big challenge as there is always junk around. Sparkpeople has worked for me in the past so I'll probably start with that. I too am interested in what kind of workout schedule I'll be able to fit in. 
    How did last week go? Our fridge is pretty empty at the moment, so minimal temptation :) And the ravenous hunger I had the first couple weeks of breastfeeding has, thankfully, subsided. 
    What is your plan for the upcoming week? Keep the ice cream out of the house and keep up my little routine - lots of dancing around the house with LO. evening stroll, and my little 10 minute strength training.

No, not at all. but starting in college gradually became active recreationally
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    @Guennie don't feel bad about ice cream every day. Lately I eat it 2x a day and I don't give a crap honestly. I fully blame MH for this. I'm a chocolate gal and I was able to control it. I just didn't buy. MH: cookies and ice cream dude. And it's ALWAYS sitting around the house because, ya know, dudes just don't gain weight. Plus he works out military style like 5x a week so he could eat it for every meal and wouldn't gain an oz....
    Meanwhile me... NO SELF CONTROL since getting pregnant. He just keeps Bringing it every time he goes shopping! I made him get me a huge box of sugar free popsicles, which was my summer go to thing. But let's be honest - who's gonna go for that if there are 3 tubs of divine ice cream AND a box of Caramel Magnums right next to it in the freezer....

The only redeeming factor is that I am still BFing so technically I should not be cutting calories too much. But I'm also getting tired of the muffin top and wearing last year's maternity shorts (yah no way i could fit in my size 2 clothes now) so I might have to take some action soon...
  • Options
    @Guennie - I like ice cream too....a lot!!! I tried substituting ice cream for fruit Shine bars....they are good, but not the same. I am 13 weeks postpartum. I have reached my pre-baby weight. I only gained 26lbs for my last pregnancy, which was better than the first two, which were 50 and 60lbs. I was at higher weight for me prior to becoming pregnant so I'd really like to lose ten more pounds....and it's just not coming off. I wish I had a plan!! I initially started the Mayo Clinic's walk to jog program which I was successful with before, but I'm having trouble finding time then motivation. I'm just plain tired. Now that I've started work, I'm exhausted when I get home. Last week was great. I was able to fit some fitness in. This week...nothing. I'm hoping to get some much needed rest this weekend and try to add in at least two walks next week. QOTW - I played soccer in school.
  • Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for starting this! Better late than never, right?

Weeks postpartum?  6.5

Pounds to pre-baby weight: 8

Pounds to ideal weight: 11

Overall plan?
    Eat only nutritious food - no junk, and exercise.

How did last week go? Fine in terms of food. Choc chip oatmeal lactation cookies in the middle of the night have been my downfall. But they are *delicious* AND allegedly nutritious.  I haven't done any exercise at all, unless rocking bebe to sleep counts... That has to change.

Plan for the upcoming week?  Still a bit too preoccupied to have an exercise routine, but I plan to incorporate at least two long walks and some home stretching exercises this week.

QOTW  I was on the cross-country team. I never loved running but was (am) good at it and I enjoy group runs or running with a friend for the social aspects of it. I never ever run alone-I find it too boring.