Breastfeeding
Options

Nursing Troubles

Hello! I'm running here desperately for advice. I know the best thing to do would be to go to an LC ($$$), but I'm hoping some seasoned bumpies can help me out! I really appreciate your advice so much.

My son is now 6.5 months old. We've recently started solids. Per our peds instruction, we feed him breakfast lunch and dinner. He eats 4 oz veggies/fruit puree twice a day and 4 tbs cereal mixed with 4 oz milk once a day. He advises that we feed him as much solids as he wants, but intuition seems to be telling me to ease off, since he CAN blow through 8 oz of puree in one meal. I feel that he simply does not drink enough milk from me anymore. My pediatrician is a very nice man and very knowledgeable, but always tells me to trust my mom-ly intuition. And it's telling me something is off!

I feed mostly "on demand", just giving him the boob here and there to see if he'll eat. However he'll eat the most in the morning. He's starting to reject his before-bed feeding and waking up around 4am wanting to eat. He has started refusing my right breast altogether. I've always known my right has been behind my left, but he's always taken it until now. I've tried tricking him by switching to football hold, but he quickly figures it out. I know that milk is still being produced in the right, as I can manually express a bit. I don't know why he won't take it at all anymore, and I'm not okay with him allowing it to dry up on that side...

I think solids are throwing us off. He really enjoys them though, and I understand some moms don't believe in feeding solids at all, but my family has been enjoying that experience. All of this is further complicated by teething. *sigh* Can anyone here give me advice?

Thank you so much :)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Nursing Troubles

• Options
    The simplest solution send try be easing off on the solids, maybe just breakfast and half as much before bed. Nurse before feeding him so his belt is more empty for the really nutritious stuff. If he does not nurse, pump.
    BabyFruit Ticker