3rd Trimester

Fentanyl: Experience?

FTM here....What was your experience with Fentanyl? People in my family tend to get.....freaky with morphine. Like paranoid and angry lol. 

I'd really like to avoid an epidural but am not set on 100% natural. I doubt JUST gas and air will give me the relief I hope for.

Thanks for any experiences positive or negative (c'mon positive!) RE: Fentanyl.

Re: Fentanyl: Experience?

• I'm a nurse and fentanyl is a very short acting narcotic which basically means It kicks in fast and that it wears off quicker. In my experience for patients who are in a lot of pain it's not the best medication out there unless you just need a short term pain relief or are happy to take it more often. That said, everyone is different and everyone's body metabolizes drugs differently. I would talk to your doctor about different pain control options if you're nervous about morphine and other pain medications though and he/she can go through the pros and cons and do some teaching that can set your mind at ease!
  • And by wearing off quick it can be as quick as 45-60 minutes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Fentanyl is also a very similar drug but stronger than morphine so if you have a bad reaction to morphine it is very likely to happen with fentanyl
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml