High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

FTM and cerclage recovery questions

Well it's been over a week since I had my cerclage. I'm 18+2 with my little girl. Wanting to hear how the recovery is for all of you. How long were you on bedrest for? Did you go back to work (if so how long after)? Any cramping or spotting (how long)? I should be going back to work in 2 days, I tried to go back sooner but ended up with escalating pelvic pain and back pain. The cramping is gone but I still feel a good amount of pressure if I stand up for a while. Any previous experience with this I'd love to hear from you!!!

Re: FTM and cerclage recovery questions

• Options
    justyhjustyh member
    I got an emergency cerclage at 21 weeks I am now 25 weeks and still in bed rest and will be until I give birth. My recovery was really easy not much cramping only a little spotting and very little pain.
  • Options
    My cerclage was placed just before 20w. I was sore and on modified BR for one week. I then went back to work on light duty with a 5-10 lb lifting restriction. No spotting, little cramping. Currently 31w4d and beginning to experience a lot of pressure on sutures with activity.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses!!! I'm really hoping I will be able to go back to work (I'm the primary money maker in the house so I really need too). I work in an operating room and sometimes my shifts are 12-18 hrs straight so I'm hoping I'll get used to the pressure I've been feeling. EDD 11/26 and I've still got a long way for this turkey!
  • Options
    My cerclage was placed at 23 weeks. I'm now 25 weeks and I'm on bedrest until I deliver. I still have pressure, especially if I push myself too much during the day. I had my cervix checked at 24 weeks and I had gone from 1.9 to 2.8-3.2, I'm assuming it depends on the OB on if you should be on bedrest or not.
  • Options
    I had mine placed at 14 weeks and had cramping for several days and light spotting for a week. I have been on and off bed rest for several bouts of ptl, but still holding strong at 33 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm late to the party, but I had a non-emergent cerclage placed at 13 weeks. A day of spotting, and I was sore for about 3 days, but I think part of that was mostly hip/pelvic pain from the positioning during the procedure and from the spinal. I'm now 17 weeks, and I'm feeling pretty great!
    Being on pelvic rest is no fun in the second trimester. [-X
    I have two friends who are at 31 and 36 weeks. Both had their cerclages placed at or after 20 weeks due to dilation and funneling, and their recoveries were rougher than mine.