Pregnant after a Loss

Into. Loss mentioned

Babyberg1012Babyberg1012 member
edited June 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hello ladies. My name is Susie and I am 31. I've recently found out that my DH and I are pregnant again after losing our first baby at 25 weeks due to unknown reasons in late December (it was a total shock and rocked my world losing our sweet little boy) I'm currently about 5 weeks pregnant and I am over the moon excited, but terrified at the same time. I think not having answers after our last loss makes being pregnant again extremely scary. I've already met with my high risk dr on Friday, baby is still very small as it's very early. I've just started daily lovenox injections as a preventative even though I don't have any know clotting issues. I just hope and pray that this will be our heathy rainbow baby.

Re: Into. Loss mentioned

• Welcome and sorry for your loss! I am 6 weeks pregnant based on my ultrasound last week and had a mmc at 13 weeks in may. I told myself I would just be happy to get pregnant again and wouldn't stress, but the second that little line popped up, my blood pressure shot up. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy.
  • Congratulations! It's really hard for me, too, but even if you do worry you'll still do it! It sounds like you got tested if you know that you don't have clotting issues?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies. Thanks for your kind words! It's going to be a roller coaster of emotions over the next 9 months, god willing everything goes well! Yes, I got tested for so many things, probably 35+ vials of blood and everything came back normal, but my dr likes to use lovenox because he believes it has way more health benefits than consequences. We also tested our son, ryan upon delivery for chromosomal issues and again everything was grossly normal.

I think that's the hardest/scariest part after having so much testing done is not knowing what went wrong during our previous pregnancy to have such a devastating loss.

Well I'm glad I have people that could relate on this board! Here's to happy and healthy rainbow babies for all!
  • I'm so sorry that happened to you and that they couldn't give you an answer. You sound great, though, I might be messaging you for a pep talk!
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, my rainbow baby pregnancy was terrifying. I was anxiety ridden the entire time. I came up with mantras I would repeat over and over. One was "I want my baby to have a mama that is calm, relaxed and serene. Not scared, stressed and anxiety ridden." That would help me calm my mind a bit. Regardless it is so scary until baby is healthy and in my arms. Hugs.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Yes, I swear I think I should take up meditation to help clear my mind!

@plainjane any time. Feel free to message me! I feel like only mommies with loses could relate to each other. I know my friends and family are super supportive, but it's nice to have someone to talk to who could share and validate the feeling we have.
  • Best of luck to you!! Losing a baby at 25 weeks would be terrible. My two miscarriages at 9.5 and 6 weeks drove me to the brink of insanity, so I seriously can't even imagine what you went through.  Here's to hoping we all finally get our rainbow babies!!
  • Ame83Ame83 member
    I'm very sorry for your loss. My miscarriages were all before the 10th week. I'm almost 15 wks and my worst fear is losing our son now. Best of luck to you!
  • Vets1Vets1 member
    I totally feel for you & the journey your embarking on. I lost my son at 20w2d last November, no reason provided he was perfectly healthy. I'm currently 19w pregnant and each day is different some days I'm positive and remind myself I'm happy to be pregnant today & other days I'm an anxious mess. My OB has been great, I have weekly scans & they are monitoring me closely. I hope your Dr's are able to accomodate your needs. All the best for your journey, I'm sending you positive thoughts & well wishes.
  • Thank you @Vets1!  I am sending you positive thoughts as well.  It's so awful that you lost your son so far along and they don't even know why :(  How heartbreaking.  It sucks to have to be on this board, but I'm glad we're all here to support each other! 
  • I am very sorry for your loss.  Congrats on the exiting news of this pregnancy.  I pray that is is a smooth 9 months for you!