Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Fussy at night

bee19831bee19831 member
edited June 2015 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
My son cries and fusses every night for about 3-4 hours , beginning a few nights ago ! Any advice ? He just turned 4 weeks old and he started this , every evening . I'm exhausted ! I can't do anything to make him happy , during this period . He screams for along time , my daughter wasn't like this , just wondering any advice . Thank you

Re: Fussy at night

• The times that my LO cries for hours a time is during growth spurts or if he is having tummy problems.  Could it be either of those for yours?
  • My daughter did this and it turned out to be acid reflux . They put her on Zantac and it went away right away !
  • Loading the player...
  • Really ? Did she just cry at night ? Cause all day he seems ok , but come evening time , I dread it
  • I had the same problem with my baby boy, he is 9 weeks old now and has less fussy evenings. But It wasn't just fussy, it was screaming. The first night it happened, I cried along with him and I broke down and gave him a few drops of gripe water because I didn't know what he needed.
    Looking back, I think it was a growth spurt.
    I found that giving him a bottle worked for us. I didn't want him to be only bottle fed, but it is easier for him to get my milk through the bottle when he is tired. I hope it gets easier for you and baby!
  • It's probably his witching hour. It can lay several hours. My LO has his around 6 or 7 hours. If so, it's really normal and doesn't usually last forever. Figure out through trial and error if anything helps, like a swing it going for a little walk in stroller, just for your own sanity.
  • Yeah I wonder if my baby has acid reflux too