Pregnant after 35
Options

Weekly check-in: 6/27/15

Well, ladies.  This may be my last posted weekly check-in as I have two weeks to go and the docs don't want me to go past my due date.  Still looking to see if anyone wants to keep the weekly thread going.

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? What size is baby?

2. Age at delivery?

3. Any other children or fur babies?

4. How are you feeling?  Any recommendations for dealing with MS, aches, pains, etc?

5. Upcoming appointments or milestones? Rants or raves?

QOTW: What's the nicest thing someone has done for you since they found out you were pregnant?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly check-in: 6/27/15

• Options
    38 weeks today, July 11, a pumpkin
    2. Age at delivery?

Three kitties: Sable, Bailey and Maximus.  I have finally allowed them to explore the nursery, which was closed off til Max learned how to open the door.  Their curiosity has been satisfied, and they are over it.

4. How are you feeling?  Any recommendations for dealing with MS, aches, pains, etc?
    Large and not in charge.  Think I've been having BH.  Can't sleep well or bend over.  Feeling out of breath and very limited, which sucks since there's still so much to do.
    Had an appointment yesterday.  Everything looks good with baby.  No progress though.  Doc mentioned induction, going early and c-section again (this is the second time he's done so).  Even said he would be happy to do my procedure.  Have another appointment on Monday with a different doc from the practice (there are seven) and ask what she thinks.  Only one other doc has mentioned the c-section thing, so I want to see what the others think.

QOTW: What's the nicest thing someone has done for you since they found out you were pregnant? 
    I had a very nice shower at work, and one thrown by my sister with friends.  Many of my family and friends from back east have sent presents.  (I live in AZ now.)  Can't think of any stranger kindness, though many people have said they couldn't tell I am pregnant.  Yeah, cause I guess I just let myself go, gained 26 pounds and waddle around like a duck normally, lol.
  • Options
    Over 40 weeks. 
    2. Age at delivery?
    this is my 8th child
    Fine.  Getting irritated however.  People I know are all over the "you still pregnant" type comments.  I have no reason to believe i will go into labor soon. 
    Appointment on Tues this week. 

Rant: Have to decide what to do with regards to induction soon.  I do not want to be induced.  We have a huge party at our house scheduled for July 11.  That can't change.  There are like 300 people invited this year, we have bounce houses etc rented for the kids, a huge hog ordered for the roast etc.  We normally have it July 4th weekend but my husband allowed me one extra week to have this baby (so generous).  There is TONS of work that has to be done in the days before the party not to mention the party day itself.  Physical labor type work including setting up tables and chairs and canopies, house cleaning, having the pool all ready etc.  So I would really like to give myself a full 2 weeks post due to go into labor on my own.  But that would be after Wednesday the 8th.  If I had the baby on the 8th itself then I go home sometime on Friday the 10th.  I would have to work like crazy the rest of that day and Saturday before the party.   Should something go wrong no matter when I get induced and I need a c section recovery for me would be super short before all of this as well.  So I am stuck as far as what to do!
    QOTW: What's the nicest thing someone has done for you since they found out you were pregnant?  Well being this isn't my first or anything, I don't have any showers etc.  I can't really think of anything anyone has done for me this pregnancy.  I think because I always have other little ones in tow strangers figure I have done this before don't really need anything like assistance etc.  People I know figure the same...I got this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can do it, but is there a reason we do it on Saturdays?  I am never on weekends and Monday's would work out best for me to post these.

22w2d Nov 1 Size of a Papaya

2. Age at delivery?

Two teen girls a preteen boy and spoiled rotten Yorkie puppy

Feeling better as far as I am getting better from being sick for the past two month.  This second round of antibiotics is kicking out the infection.  Physically, I am exhausted and my right hip hurts.  Most likely from bursitis. 

No Appointments.  Loving feeling little move.

My husband dotes over me.  This is new for me.  My exhusband never really acknowledged I was really pregnant until 8 months along. He couldn't recognize I was pregnant because he couldn't see the baby.  It is nice to have someone there with you every step of the way and even experience the pregnancy symptoms with you. LOL 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Options
    jerseygirl227jerseygirl227 member
    edited June 2015
    I can do it, but is there a reason we do it on Saturdays?  I am never on weekends and Monday's would work out best for me to post these.

Nope.  No reason for Saturdays other than it was easier for me.  :)  Just pick a day that works for you.  

Thanks for volunteering!!  It really is a nice way to get to know others on this board.  I am officially handing things over to you unless I hear differently. :)
  • Options

14 w & 5 days
    12/24/15
    Lemon

2. Age at delivery?

My DD is 2.
    My DS is 5.

4. How are you feeling? Any recommendations for dealing with MS, aches, pains, etc?

A lot of MS is gone. Still lingering a little. Heartburn, swollen legs & irritability have taken over! I swear symptoms come earlier & earlier with each pregnancy.

Well cell free DNA came back w/ all good results & we're having a boy (I think I mentioned last week). No more appts for a month or more & until I find a new OB in our new hometown. We are about 3/4 of the way done with our drive across country & should be at our new house in Alabama early next week.

Hmmm, can't think of one specific thing.

P.S. @cneiding you are an energizer bunny!! Good luck to you over the next couple weeks!