3rd Trimester

Will my doctor do anything or even induce me if I'm super stressed out?

My father passed away unexpectedaly last week and I'm now 35 weeks pregnant. I'm only 18 and am now having to move out into a different town into my first apartment with my boyfriend and money is really tight right now and I'm so depressed and heart broken over my father. Will doctors do anything to make sure baby is okay or even induce labor for me? I'm super worried about my baby because of all the stress and pain I'm going through..

Re: Will my doctor do anything or even induce me if I'm super stressed out?

• Firstly I'm sorry for your loss and the other stresses you are facing.

Your Dr. will keep an eye on you and the baby, as per normal but life stresses are not a reason to induce on their own. 

If you feel like you're struggling emotionally, then that's an important thing to discuss with your doctor both before and after baby is born, because it might make you vulnerable to post-natal depression.

Other than that, try and be gentle with yourself, and do what you can to minimise stress, surround yourself with supportive people, and seek help with working through the grief if you need.

Big hugs to you.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Sorry to hear about your loss. But babies are pretty resilient so don't fret too much. If your stress is causing your blood pressure to rise then you may get induced but that is only at 38 or 39weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss. Other posters are correct, talk to your doc about your emotional state, but he will not induce based on stress. Or I would have Been induced many times!
  • So sorry for your loss. While stress isn't healthy I would think induction at this point is a greater risk. Talk to your doctor, maybe you can get a prescription for an anti anxiety medication just to get through the next few weeks if it's affecting sleep, BP, blood sugar, etc. Try not to stress about the other things, everything else will work itself out. Focus on your health and grieving your loss and mentally preparing for motherhood.
  • My father passed away unexpectedaly last week and I'm now 35 weeks pregnant. I'm only 18 and am now having to move out into a different town into my first apartment with my boyfriend and money is really tight right now and I'm so depressed and heart broken over my father. Will doctors do anything to make sure baby is okay or even induce labor for me? I'm super worried about my baby because of all the stress and pain I'm going through..

It is more stressful for baby to induce before they are ready. I'm sorry for the loss of your father (mine died suddenly in October 2013), but none of this is reason enough to warrant induction.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers